What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'll check it out!

Also, I haven't been logging my black coffee but didn't realize it has carbs in it. Frick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well Fellas, I'm seeing a lot of high praise for the Cronometer App for tracking macros and food consumption.

Apparently it's more useful than mfp in ways and isn't as plagued with loads of inaccurate data.
Is the information really that bad in MFP? I ly asking because it's so easy to use etc. Upload recipes etc.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So what do you guys do for sweets? I'm dying not eating a cookie, etc

Spoonful of peanut butter, half a square of 80% dark chocolate..

Search "fat bombs" for all kinds of keto dessert treats.
https://www.google.com/search?q=peanut+butter+chocolate+fat+bomb&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Also:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/ajh04u/keto_peanut_butter_skillet_cookie/

https://www.gnom-gnom.com/gluten-free-keto-chocolate-chip-cookies/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/aia0tj/the_best_keto_cheesecake_you_will_ever_have/?utm_source=reddit-android

All that stuff is nice once in a while, but too much still keeps you from losing.

In another week or so, the cravings will diminish a lot.

@Opie what's that ice cream recipe?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Is the information really that bad in MFP? I ly asking because it's so easy to use etc. Upload recipes etc.

It depends, a lot are user submitted, so some are dead on, some are close enough, and some are way off.

It's usually close enough.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
MFP says it has 1 carb for 16oz of black coffee
Looking into it, it sounds like the beans have carbs, but ground and brewed through a filter you're going to get less than 1g of Carbs. I wouldnt even bother counting it. Cold brew and espresso have a little more, but still not really significant.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I buy the Ghiardelli (sp?) 92% dark chocolate and have a square, It's not super sweet, but it satisfies me and actually has some benefits. Earlier in my Keto I was having 1/3 cup of blackberries before I'd head to the gym, but since I started the MCT oil I don't need the simple sugar for the energy.

Like Jeremy stated above, a little peanut butter or almond butter on a celery stick has a sort of sweetness to it.

But yeah, when I start upping my carbs a little, I'm gonna need a spoonful of ice cream or somethin'. ;)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Looks like they have Rebels downtown Chicago. I don't need ice cream that badly. :ROFLMAO:

Had the last of my Nature's Way MCT Oil this morning, so now I make the switch to Bulletproof Brain Octane. I had zero stomach issues with full doses of the NW, but I went 50/50 with the BO this morning just to make sure.....especially since I'm training legs this morning. :eek:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Looks like they have Rebels downtown Chicago. I don't need ice cream that badly. :ROFLMAO:

Had the last of my Nature's Way MCT Oil this morning, so now I make the switch to Bulletproof Brain Octane. I had zero stomach issues with full doses of the NW, but I went 50/50 with the BO this morning just to make sure.....especially since I'm training legs this morning. :eek:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
No issues with the Brain Octane, I'll hit full doses starting tomorrow. If I can squat heavy and not have any "issues", I think I'm good going forward. ;)