What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welp I just had 6 of my 19 net carbs today from fricken halls cough drops. Mother F sugar is in everything isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeeeeeup. I usually take Ricola, haven't looked to see how bad they are.

It's hidden in a lot of places.

I've heard that McDonald's salad dressings have a lot more sugar than regular ones you would get at the store.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Had my third kickass workout in a row (Monday legs, Tuesday chest, today back). My strength and my endurance are both skyrocketing. I have to attribute some of it to m body becoming so much more efficient using fat for energy, but I wonder if some of it is the Bulletproof Brian Octane I started using when my Nature's Way MCL was gone. Three days on the BBO, 3 best workouts since starting Keto. Coincidence? I am betting not.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Had my third kickass workout in a row (Monday legs, Tuesday chest, today back). My strength and my endurance are both skyrocketing. I have to attribute some of it to m body becoming so much more efficient using fat for energy, but I wonder if some of it is the Bulletproof Brian Octane I started using when my Nature's Way MCL was gone. Three days on the BBO, 3 best workouts since starting Keto. Coincidence? I am betting not.
Hmm. Interesting. I was attributing it primarily to having gotten fully adapted, but that's compelling.
Easy way to test it I suppose. Try using coconut oil instead one day, or nothing one day.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I will say one thing I need to be doing more of on this is working out. Been trying to work in some yoga but basically been sick for a week now and have no energy at the end of the day.

Also, I don't think I'm having the keto breath (might be a little worse but nothing astonishing) and I don't/can't smell anything in my pee. I'm assuming being below 20g net carbs a day I'm in ketosis yes?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I will say one thing I need to be doing more of on this is working out. Been trying to work in some yoga but basically been sick for a week now and have no energy at the end of the day.

Also, I don't think I'm having the keto breath (might be a little worse but nothing astonishing) and I don't/can't smell anything in my pee. I'm assuming being below 20g net carbs a day I'm in ketosis yes?

I find that I've got to do it first thing or it's not likely to happen.
Trying to get a 5 - 15 minute mobility /stretching / yoga first, then an 8 - 30 minute, cardio / plyo / hiit / or sculpting routine after that. Lot of quick vids on prime and youtube.

Yeah, everyone is different. I'm sure you're in. Are you peeing a lot more than usual? That's usually expected a lot in the first few weeks, and part of the reason for extra water and electrolytes.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I find that I've got to do it first thing or it's not likely to happen.
Trying to get a 5 - 15 minute mobility /stretching / yoga first, then an 8 - 30 minute, cardio / plyo / hiit / or sculpting routine after that. Lot of quick vids on prime and youtube.

Yeah, everyone is different. I'm sure you're in. Are you peeing a lot more than usual? That's usually expected a lot in the first few weeks, and part of the reason for extra water and electrolytes.
Last week I peed more than probably my whole life combined. Haha. This week I haven't noticed it as much but I've added electrolytes etc. Like definitely not peeing as much as last week. But still more than normal

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Hmm. Interesting. I was attributing it primarily to having gotten fully adapted, but that's compelling.
Easy way to test it I suppose. Try using coconut oil instead one day, or nothing one day.
That's absolutely the best way, Jeremy. But I'm all out of the other oil, and I am only training for 4 more days (maybe minus one for a funeral) before I take a 6 day break from the gym. I'm not going to be quite as strict on the carbs for the next couple weeks, though I am sure I'll keep them under 50, but I'm not concerned if I come out of ketosis for that stretch. Then back to it all again, the super low carbs and training for 30 or 45 more days, and then access where I'm at and if I can start finding my "carb range" to maintain the core I want.

So that test is going to wait a few weeks, but I'll definitely give that a shot to see.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
That's absolutely the best way, Jeremy. But I'm all out of the other oil, and I am only training for 4 more days (maybe minus one for a funeral) before I take a 6 day break from the gym. I'm not going to be quite as strict on the carbs for the next couple weeks, though I am sure I'll keep them under 50, but I'm not concerned if I come out of ketosis for that stretch. Then back to it all again, the super low carbs and training for 30 or 45 more days, and then access where I'm at and if I can start finding my "carb range" to maintain the core I want.

So that test is going to wait a few weeks, but I'll definitely give that a shot to see.
Sounds like a good plan! Enjoy your off time!
Sorry about the funeral..

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Last week I peed more than probably my whole life combined. Haha. This week I haven't noticed it as much but I've added electrolytes etc. Like definitely not peeing as much as last week. But still more than normal

Hahaha! Yeah , you're definitely in.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Is it bad that I'm having a pseudo cheat day two weeks in? About 40-50 net carbs?

I wouldn't call 40-50 a cheat day. At the high end of the spectrum to stay in ketosis, maybe, but not really a cheat day. I did one day of about 40 a week ago, and it didn't seem to affect my levels.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Is it bad that I'm having a pseudo cheat day two weeks in? About 40-50 net carbs?

Haha, I've had a few of those. Didn't even kick me out.
Not ideal early on, but no biggie really as long as doesn't lead to binging / carb loading after. That's what messes people up.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thanks. Ended up not even that bad. Went to a friend's for dinner. Was trying not to be rude! Haha.but all good.one thing I noticed today is I've probably had like 1000 calories and I'm not even hungry. I'm hardly ever hungry doing this!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks. Ended up not even that bad. Went to a friend's for dinner. Was trying not to be rude! Haha.but all good.one thing I noticed today is I've probably had like 1000 calories and I'm not even hungry. I'm hardly ever hungry doing this!

Haha, yeah, I fudge a little in those situations just to enjoy life and not be difficult.

Isn't that the greatest thing! Still blows me away.