What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ok so my question is, do i still eat to my macro's during my 8 hrs of eating or am i supposed to cut that down?

On another subject, my wife (RN-MSN) is a keto sceptic, she came home a few days ago with a A1c home test, she is now having second thoughts as my reading was 6.5,(was 7.8 when i started) she said she will wait to pass judgement when i have my full blood tests in a few weeks time lol
heh heh, nice. What throws some people off is that ldl is sometimes higher on keto, but it's always going to be when fat is being burned and enters the blood stream. What really matters is that they understand that HDL to triglyceride ratio, and lowered small particle ldl count are VASTLY more important than total or ldl numbers.

On the macros, basically yes. Ideally. Prevailing wisdom is that you don't want to be under a 20% caloric deficit, in order not to lower your basal metabolic rate too much. That said, it will lower some with weight loss anyway, and it can be raised without causing weight gain, by slowly upping intake over a period of time. Also, ketogenic eating AND fasting, both have a positive and beneficial effect on bmr, so that gives you a little more leeway there. As long as a person doesn't return to overeating and eating a poor diet, it's a bit of a moot point. But many people on regular diets do just that, so there's where the concern comes in.
That said, for every 10 pounds you drop, your macro numbers should be re adjusted. You likely have a lower bmr and TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) than when you started, so it's worth revisiting that.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Can't remember which videos specifically, I've watched a ton of his. But the basic gist is that after working out in a fasted state, you get several hours of increased metabolism and fat burn following that if you don't interrupt it by eating and stopping it with an influx of insulin.
Anytime you eat insulin is spiked (somewhat less so for pure fat consumption, like cream) and body fat cannot be burned in the presence of insulin. When it is in the blood stream the body is in process and storage mode. Once it winds down, then the opposite hormone fills the system which causes the use and recycling of the body's resources.
Thank you. :)

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Biggest cheat meal since starting this on January 28th. 3 Enchiladas (small) from maybe the best Mexican place ever. Side of Guac. Corn tortillas for the Enchiladas. I feel pretty full. Pretty bloated. But ultimately did not have any rice and beans, etc. Could have been worse. Oh well, back at it now.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Bacon and eggs with peppers, onions and cheese for a late breakfast, a little vanilla protein powder and collagen in my last cup of coffee.

Snack of a handful of walnuts, pecans, almonds and sunflower seeds.

Big spoonfull of peanut butter and a little homemade yogurt.

Salad. forgot to put sprouts in till about halfway done.
20190307_163209.jpg

Dinner, beef roast, mashed cauliflower, and green beans.

20190307_164557.jpg

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Haven't lost much weight in the last week, though the look in the mirror seems to be still improving. And I'm gonna have to punch another belt hole soon.

Been working out really damn hard the last 10 days, so my muscles are probably holding extra water and growing some.

Also been doing more after dinner snacking which doesn't help...

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Here's one of his good videos on the subject @icehog3

Doesn't specifically focus a lot on the afterburn factor. Trying to find one of those cause I got in a heckuva fasted session in this morning and looking for motivation to keep from breaking earlier than ideal.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Cheating hard tonight at the bucks game. I'm very curious to see how my body reacts to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Cheating hard tonight at the bucks game. I'm very curious to see how my body reacts to this.

Update. This was not the last carbs I had last night.

And as far as how my body reacted? Let's just say my stomach woke me up this morning. Woof.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Update. This was not the last carbs I had last night.

And as far as how my body reacted? Let's just say my stomach woke me up this morning. Woof.

So far I've found that I can have just a little and be ok-ish. Like one yeast roll.
But will have some excess hunger and cravings the next day.
If I have too much carbs, especially from wheat, I'll retain a pound or so of water weight the next day, be sore, dragging tired, and have heartburn and headaches.
Pretty helpful motivaters to keep it in check.