What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So far I've found that I can have just a little and be ok-ish. Like one yeast roll.
But will have some excess hunger and cravings the next day.
If I have too much carbs, especially from wheat, I'll retain a pound or so of water weight the next day, be sore, dragging tired, and have heartburn and headaches.
Pretty helpful motivaters to keep it in check.
Yep. I basically feel hungover today. Sore. Tired. Stomach not right. Haha. Was worth it (for taste etc) but doesn't make me want to eat carbs today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
We were at a party at friends house last night, lots of quality, high-protein food. I couldn’t resist a couple of Green Tea Mochi ice cream balls. They were pretty fucking good and worth the 18g carbs each.

I pretty much have been maintaining my goal weight of 175 and have started lifting regularly, so now I’m working on recomp. The weight on the scale is remaining pretty stable but the body fat % has been going down.

If only Victory Brewing would make a low-carb version of Golden Monkey. That beer is the one thing I really miss!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
We were at a party at friends house last night, lots of quality, high-protein food. I couldn’t resist a couple of Green Tea Mochi ice cream balls. They were pretty fucking good and worth the 18g carbs each.

I pretty much have been maintaining my goal weight of 175 and have started lifting regularly, so now I’m working on recomp. The weight on the scale is remaining pretty stable but the body fat % has been going down.

If only Victory Brewing would make a low-carb version of Golden Monkey. That beer is the one thing I really miss!
Beer. Pizza. Tortillas (tacos, enchiladas, etc). Soon.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Sometimes a guy just needs a real pizza, Jeremy. :ROFLMAO:

I haven't broken down yet, but I'm definitely not going the rest of my life without some pizza.

Did heavy legs and cardio (Precor bike) today, adding some hard cardio on leg day is new for me unless you count late night ice hockey. Well, my test strips are rocking blackish purple, first time I've been consistent all day like this in a long while.

Just want to say thanks again to everyone who contributes to this thread.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

I haven't broken down yet, but I'm definitely not going the rest of my life without some pizza.

Did heavy legs and cardio (Precor bike) today, adding some hard cardio on leg day is new for me unless you count late night ice hockey. Well, my test strips are rocking blackish purple, first time I've been consistent all day like this in a long while.

Hahaha! Yeah, I'm not going to be able to resist having some of the the crust the next time I'm at Modern Apizza in New Haven.... :hungry:

Just got to figure out how best to do that and maintain. There's probably a reasonable percentage of meals, variable to the individual, where cheats shouldn't cause a problem in maintenance.. Just gotta find that sweet spot cause I don't want to go back..

Should be easier now that I'm consistently working out and going for growth...

That sounds pretty hard core Tom.

Took a rest day today, just some stretching and recovery yoga.

Tomorrow is hard cardio circuit probably followed with some mountain climb sprints.

May fast tomorrow through Tuesday. We'll see....

Ate really well today till the wife brought home leftover Chinese.. :shifty:
Just had a little, so hopefully won't set me back too much...

Yeah, I also really appreciate all y'alls comments posts and contributions. It's really helpful.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Exactly! I need a real pizza! That said, I cheated hard so the next cheat needs to wait! I go to Florida on business next week so that will be a big test too.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Quit talking about pizza! :ROFLMAO:

My school ordered pizzas for the staff for lunch. Decided to fast, just hit 17 hours, I'm going to eat in one.

Still testing pretty high for ketones, today was a day off from the gym because it was a long day at school

Did somebody say "pizza"? :D

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
You'll have the last laugh when you outlive me by a couple decades .. Unless i actually follow through with my plans at some point and get back on track....

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
You'll have the last laugh when you outlive me by a couple decades .. Unless i actually follow through with my plans at some point and get back on track....

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. If it's important to you, follow through. :)

Yes, Jeremy, grocery shopping on the back end of a fast would not be good planning. I'd head straight for the frozen pizza aisle. ;):ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So yesterday i had blood work done, A1c is 6.7 (from 7.8) hemoglobin 102 (was 178) all rest of the numbers were good except BUN which was 30 (range is 7 to 18) spoke with doctor earlier, she said its ok if the BUN is high as long as the Creatinine readings are good, which they are, so overall im very happy with my 8 weeks of Keto, oh and as a side note iv lost just about 20 lbs but seem to be stuck right now. I upped my exercise from 20 mins to 30 a day (brisk walking on my treadmill) lets see if that helps the weight.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Congrats on the success so far @Fusion555 ! You'll bust through the plateau and make some more gains (as in losses).

After the gym, had my scrambled eggs with habanero cheese and thick cut bacon, then hit the store and bought an inexpensive blender and some ghee butter. Going to give the "classic recipe" Bulletproof coffee a try tomorrow.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So yesterday i had blood work done, A1c is 6.7 (from 7.8) hemoglobin 102 (was 178) all rest of the numbers were good except BUN which was 30 (range is 7 to 18) spoke with doctor earlier, she said its ok if the BUN is high as long as the Creatinine readings are good, which they are, so overall im very happy with my 8 weeks of Keto, oh and as a side note iv lost just about 20 lbs but seem to be stuck right now. I upped my exercise from 20 mins to 30 a day (brisk walking on my treadmill) lets see if that helps the weight.
That's fantastic! Especially in such a short time.
Stalls happen, usually followed by losses. If it lasts longer than three weeks you can try to shock the system with a fast, or a carb up or high calorie day. Also, exercising will add muscle and water weight. So the scale may not move, though the body and health are getting better.