What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
T Also, exercising will add muscle and water weight. So the scale may not move, though the body and health are getting better.
Exactly. When friends ask me why I haven't used the scale since starting Keto, I tell them "because the mirror and my pants fit are more accurate". I may have taken off 12 pounds of fat, but it I have also put on 6 pounds of muscle, the scale will show it as a 6 pound weight loss when I've actually lost double that in fat.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well Fellas, milestone today. I finally broke my secondary goal weight of 145. (I'm 5'6)
Can't believe how much muscle I've lost in recent years... I thought I might have to go as low as 135-140, but there's a chance this may end up being my lowest weight point. Gonna try to recomp and gain lean mass going forward.
Face is getting pretty thin and abs are starting to get definition. Starting p90x next week so I'm gonna have to up the calories.
Really thrilled to have reached this point a month and a half earlier than expected. Probably have to credit the rate increase to Excercise and I.F.
Killer shake today, optimum nutrition mocha cappuccino with super greens and collagen.
Great brunch.
20190314_131337.jpg
And Crack Chicken with asparagus for dinner.
20190314_170352.jpg

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Excellent work, Jeremy!

Trained hard cardio (75 minutes) fasted yesterday, then continued to fast another 7 hours for a total of 19.5.

Like you, Jeremy, my face is thin, my abs are poppin', yet I'm still not planning to up my carbs just yet.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Excellent work, Jeremy!

Trained hard cardio (75 minutes) fasted yesterday, then continued to fast another 7 hours for a total of 19.5.

Like you, Jeremy, my face is thin, my abs are poppin', yet I'm still not planning to up my carbs just yet.
Yeah, I suspect I'll avoid wheat and sugar in general from here on. It just doesn't treat me well.
But I'll probably start adding back in more sweet potatoes and fruit. Low gi carbs. Probably still stay in ketosis most of the time.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Fruit is the one thing I miss. During apple season I could put away 3 to 4 a day.
You know, just in general, fruit in season shouldn't be much of a negative for a healthy person with a healthy body composition.
But fruit on a regular basis year round for a person with a high belly circumference to height ratio is definitely not ideal....

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Second try at noatmeal came out great!
20190316_123723.jpg

Backed off on the almond flour, added coconut flour. (coconut flour is more absorbent than other flours, so you have to account for that and reduce portion or increase liquid)

Topped with blueberries and sugar free syrup.
Screenshot_2019-02-12-11-51-24.png
Screenshot_2019-02-12-11-51-35.png
Screenshot_2019-02-12-11-53-17.png Screenshot_2019-02-12-11-53-49.png

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Blueberries? You're killing me, Jeremy. :ROFLMAO: I've had a few pieces of mango and pineapple when I was in Florida and when I've eaten out the last 2.5 months. I think blackberries and blueberries and even a little pineapple will be the first thing I bring back when I find my "sweet spot".

@Xavier Dredo , that pizza looks amazing. That's a brand of pre-made gluten free crust? If so, that's on my list!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Blueberries? You're killing me, Jeremy. :ROFLMAO: I've had a few pieces of mango and pineapple when I was in Florida and when I've eaten out the last 2.5 months. I think blackberries and blueberries and even a little pineapple will be the first thing I bring back when I find my "sweet spot".

@Xavier Dredo , that pizza looks amazing. That's a brand of pre-made gluten free crust? If so, that's on my list!
Hahaha, I only had like 6 blueberries, so well within the margins. Probably less than 1/8 cup, so <2 g net carbs. All about portions on that kind of stuff. I'm gonna start integrating more of those things now.

Keep an eye out at the store Tom, I've heard that some places have a cauliflower crust available to purchase. Don't know what it's called, but @Pennywise827 said it was really good.

Also, making the fathead crust, or garlic bread, is pretty quick and easy, definitely worth trying. I think you'll be glad you did.

I made the crust fresh, it’s basically Fathead with Cauliflower rice mixed in. I cooked the cauliflower in a skillet to dry it out a bit.

Topped with caramelized onion, red peppers, black olives and a 4 cheese blend. My family loved it.
Sounds great Shawn! Getting the moisture out of the cauliflower is key for a lot of things. Wife made Shepherds pie with it not long ago, was fantastic.

I had a bit of a celebratory cheat meal last night. Not out of control though. Local bistro does Irish food once a year. Had bangers and mash in Guinness gravy and split an incredible oatmeal stout with the wife.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Wow! Just tried the "crustless pizza"..
Quick, easy, and GOOD!

Get everything ready, (I pre browned some onions) get a buttered pan hot on med-high , put in a layer of shredded cheese, drizzle some sauce, put on toppings, and remove when it crisps on the bottom enough that you can scoop it out.
20190317_124222.jpg
20190317_125028.jpg
Followed up with a chocolate peanut butter Protein shake with broccoli sprouts, spinach, and super green powder blended in. Can't even taste the greens.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Looking like some awesome recipes guys! I'm on a work trip this week so it's been a bit of a challenge, but I think so far so good. Been peeing like crazy so believe I'm back in ketosis again (probably got out after the last week of a couple larger cheat meals)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk