What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Looking like some awesome recipes guys! I'm on a work trip this week so it's been a bit of a challenge, but I think so far so good. Been peeing like crazy so believe I'm back in ketosis again (probably got out after the last week of a couple larger cheat meals)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't finish the week great. And this weekend hasn't been good. Have to rededicate to this. That said. I've been fortunate to hit my goal weight. But again need to just make sure I get back on it.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Didn't finish the week great. And this weekend hasn't been good. Have to rededicate to this. That said. I've been fortunate to hit my goal weight. But again need to just make sure I get back on it.

I don't know about you, but even on the days I've done poorly, it's still been far better than how I used to eat daily. So it hasn't resulted in weight gain, but if I consume too much wheat and carbs I feel like crap later and the next day.

But it's easy to hop back on this horse.
Being now aware of the benefits of eating in a smaller window of time in the day, and avoiding carbs, I'm not worried about fattening back up. I just replaced my whole wardrobe with thrift store finds this weekend and am donating all the bigger stuff.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
First time with a cauliflower crust pizza, it was ok, too much egg as it was kinda like an omelet View attachment 133640
It's all about getting it dialed in til it's just right for you. Once you do, it rocks.
Can play around with increasing mozzarella, lowering egg obviously, upping the percentage of almond flour, and adjusting the chunk size and dryness off the cauliflower. Along with spices and seasonings of course.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's all about getting it dialed in til it's just right for you. Once you do, it rocks.
Can play around with increasing mozzarella, lowering egg obviously, upping the percentage of almond flour, and adjusting the chunk size and dryness off the cauliflower. Along with spices and seasonings of course.
Ah now the recipe i used had no almond flour, was foodnetwork katie Lee recipe, i should look for another lol

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Google Fathead pizza crust and use that as a base. I just added cooked cauliflower rice to that, along with Italian spices, garlic powder and onion powder. It only has one egg and is pretty good
I'll be trying this for sure! The cauliflower crust was too eggy, and the fathead was very cheesy/dense. your hybrid sounds perfect !

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I don't know about you, but even on the days I've done poorly, it's still been far better than how I used to eat daily. So it hasn't resulted in weight gain, but if I consume too much wheat and carbs I feel like crap later and the next day.

But it's easy to hop back on this horse.
Being now aware of the benefits of eating in a smaller window of time in the day, and avoiding carbs, I'm not worried about fattening back up. I just replaced my whole wardrobe with thrift store finds this weekend and am donating all the bigger stuff.
This is absolutely true. My idea of a "horrible" day now is a few chips and salsa and some tacos (with RICE!!!). That is nothing compared to a bad day before. Even a couple bad days in a row now would probably be 1 non keto meal and thats it. So I'm definitely far more conscious of my decisions and thankfully now inclined to make better choices.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
This is absolutely true. My idea of a "horrible" day now is a few chips and salsa and some tacos (with RICE!!!). That is nothing compared to a bad day before. Even a couple bad days in a row now would probably be 1 non keto meal and thats it. So I'm definitely far more conscious of my decisions and thankfully now inclined to make better choices.
Right on.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So today I "cheated" for the first time since I was on vacation more than a month ago, but it was out of necessity. I was herfing at my house with a friend on a pretty much empty stomach. His wife had sent over some coconut chocolate bars which I declined because of Keto. But into the 3rd cigar and second pour of bourbon , a 109 sized powerhouse, I got that bad nicotine buzz, and needed sugar. So I ate a couple of the bars, and it worked, and I don't feel terrible hours and hours later. But he also brought me a 4 pack of bourbon barrel porter too, so since I already had the bars I decided "f it", it's a cheat day, and I had a beer too. I'm going to lift and do cardio (planned before this) in the morning, so I think I'll be good. Hell, the beer might even give me a little boost. Hey, if you made it this far, thanks for reading. :ROFLMAO:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So today I "cheated" for the first time since I was on vacation more than a month ago, but it was out of necessity. I was herfing at my house with a friend on a pretty much empty stomach. His wife had sent over some coconut chocolate bars which I declined because of Keto. But into the 3rd cigar and second pour of bourbon , a 109 sized powerhouse, I got that bad nicotine buzz, and needed sugar. So I ate a couple of the bars, and it worked, and I don't feel terrible hours and hours later. But he also brought me a 4 pack of bourbon barrel porter too, so since I already had the bars I decided "f it", it's a cheat day, and I had a beer too. I'm going to lift and do cardio (planned before this) in the morning, so I think I'll be good. Hell, the beer might even give me a little boost. Hey, if you made it this far, thanks for reading. :ROFLMAO:
Haha, even for a cheat that's not too bad. You've done so well it probably won't have any negative affect.

Being so close to goal it's nice having a little more leeway, as long as fudging it a little doesn't turn into a common thing.

I feel like I haven't been doing great with some of the extra snacking I've been doing. But I've been landscaping the last 2 weeks so my hunger and TDEE are through the roof. Still making pretty good eating choices over all, so remaining pretty lean and putting on muscle.

I had a bomber of Delirium Tremens the last two Friday’s after work with no ill effect
Mmmmm! Haven't had anything from them in years! Time to revisit some of their stuff. Had a craving for some Stone stuff lately. Need to hit up the boutique beer shop a couple towns over..

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Last night's modified keto/Paleo meal.
View attachment 133949

At this point I'm just keeping it clean, high nutrient, high protein, moderately high fat. Maintaining the same weight for the last couple weeks while adding some muscle.
Jeremy @Glassman . are those sweet potatoes? If so, I am so jealous. :D
Yep! Honestly, I think a small portion of them as well as beans, are fine occasionally for someone who is active or working out.
But especially now that I'm in maintenance and muscle building mode.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
But especially now that I'm in maintenance and muscle building mode.
I'm in a similar place to you, my protein is much higher than a true Keto ratio would be, my fats lower, and my carbs right where they'd say to be. I feel like I need that protein to maintain the muscle I have (at my age, it ain't about gainin', it's about maintainin'. :ROFLMAO:
Even though my waist is the smallest it's probably been in 20+ years, I have that mindset that I can get it smaller. I need to back off on that a little, I don't want to lose a ton of weight, and I porbably don't need to lose more....so I guess I'm going to enter that phase as well. The dessert bars and beer didn't hut me in any way, so certainly a little sweet potato, some fruit, and even a weekly beer or two and some tortillas on occasion.
Thanks again Jeremy and everyone who keeps this thread informative and inspirational.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
But in all seriousness this has helped keep me good. Little cheat here and there. That said no going back. I've no desire for a bunch of bread and potatoes etc. Love how I have been feeling. Have lost 10% of my body weight and am finally back where I think I should be. Now going to try to incorporate some more weights etc to try to add to the muscle mass.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I have been considering adding some carbs, my core is pretty close to where I wanted it to be, so maybe slowly adding in some carbs everyday. Started today with breakfast, had my usual eggs with habanero cheese and thick cut bacon, but added in the side of fruit with some blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and melon. Not a crapload, but my first fruit in almost 4 months. I still plan to stay pretty much gluten free at this point so none of the carbs I add will be grains at this point.