What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I found this yesterday, havnt tried it yet but looks very good
https://kirbiecravings.com/cauliflower-bread/
That’s the recipe I used. Riced the cauliflower in a food processor, microwaved it for 5 minutes, mixed and microwaved for another 4. Then wring our the water in a clean dish towel. A ton of water came out. I used olive oil instead of canola. The almond flour I used wasn’t super fine, so I used 1 cup almond and 1/2 cup coconut flour. The bread has a nice texture, more like banana bread than regular bread. Pretty savory. Next time I may include some Parmesan cheese and herbs. Crumbed bacon would work well too.
Sounds great!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
BTW, I’m down 5.5 pounds since Monday. I suspect most of that is water weight, but I’m drinking tons of water and haven’t been hungry one bit. I’ve been drinking bulletproof coffee every morning for about a month now and not really eating until noon. I’m up to 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp MCT Oil now. I had my last real carbs a week ago Friday ( au gratin potatoes) and felt like shit for three days, and now I feel awesome.
Nice! I know you said you were more interested in the health benefits than weight loss. Do you have much you can spare to lose?

For other guys wondering, there are some benefits to MCT oil, but it's not critical in most cases. Especially if you're on a budget or trying to keep the calories down. (though if it helps you skip a meal, them it's a net positive on the calorie front.)
Coconut oil serves as a sufficient alternative.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I made a chicken broth today using a roast chicken carcass that still had a lot of meat on it, added onion, carrot and celery with a bunch of dried herbs, i have put it thru a strainer and taken all the solids out and intend to only return the chicken, how do i count the values?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I made a chicken broth today using a roast chicken carcass that still had a lot of meat on it, added onion, carrot and celery with a bunch of dried herbs, i have put it thru a strainer and taken all the solids out and intend to only return the chicken, how do i count the values?
Wow. No clue. I'm trying to get in as much broth as I can, but honestly, I'm doing lazy keto and not keeping up with my numbers.
I'm staying full, not over eating and getting plenty of healthy foods in, and getting good results, so I haven't really bothered.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Low carb Mousse if it hasn't been shared, sugar free pudding mix, use heavy cream instead of milk, whip to stiff peaks, enjoy

@Fusion555 free app called lose it, you can build recipes and it does the math for you, check it out

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
1 week in, lost 7lbs but more important my blood glucose went from an average of 172 to 145 which for me s great, im having most trouble getting enough calories, most days i struggle to hit 1200 and my macro says i need 1800, except for the first day i have hit or been under 20 carbs, not feeling hungry at all.
Lets see what week 2 brings

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
1 week in, lost 7lbs but more important my blood glucose went from an average of 172 to 145 which for me s great, im having most trouble getting enough calories, most days i struggle to hit 1200 and my macro says i need 1800, except for the first day i have hit or been under 20 carbs, not feeling hungry at all.
Lets see what week 2 brings
Very, very nice! Glad to hear it!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So I took the leftover ham bone from the other night, and the bones and scraps from a 1/2 chicken and simmered them for 36 hours.
20190122_001940.jpg
It's apparently desirable for health in general to consume a lot of broth, especially bone broth, but even more so on keto.
I "think" it helps with electrolytes, satiety, micronutrients, and needed compounds like biotin, collagen, glucosamine and such.

Anyway, took that, added the chicken and leftover ham back in, some 7 bean soup
Note: - (legumes aren't strict keto, but they're fine in reasonable portions, especially after you're fully fat adapted (6-8 weeks) and they're high in protein, fiber and contain a wide range of vitamins)

Added 1/4 cabbage, 2 carrots, 1/2 an onion, 2 pieces of celery with some of the leaves, some bay leaf in a tea ball, and some spices and seasonings.

It was Amazing!
20190122_183929-1.jpg

Had a salad first and I'm stuffed.

Other than that today I've just had a protein shake, very small plate of steak tips, green beans and sweet potato a little homemade yogurt and a handful of walnuts. Just wasn't all that hungry, even getting Excercise.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I made the 2nd recipe in this video
Fantastic!

I'm down 15lbs since 1/03
Mmmm..
Nice! Congrats!
Has anyone tried the Fathead bread/dough? Delicious
Oh yeah! So good. Adam and I have both made the garlic bread with it.

I'll probably be doing a pizza crust with it soon. I've also saved several other recipes to try that use some variation of it.