What's new

Kitty litter crystals

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Kevin, I hear you, I really do. But XRundog's experiments on CW seem to suggest that may not be the case.

Either way, if you are right, it works for me. If fight excess humdity more than I do too little.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Either way, if you are right, it works for me. If fight excess humdity more than I do too little.
I understand it since you are constantly fighting too much humidity. Do you find you have to replace the litter alot? What I mean is, since you have such a humidity problem, so they reach a certain point where they have pulled in so much moisture that they can hold no more?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Honestly, I haven't messed with it in a while. I have a mixture of heartfelt and KL in there right now so it's hard for me to judge exactly what's going on. Right now, with what I have in there, things seem pretty well settled. And that's without having removed anything recently. I do tend to move beads and KL around within the Wine Cooler though. I'll rotate stuff from top to bottom as the humidity seems to be higher towards the bottom and lower up top.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured Id give the cat litter crystals a try since I have 3 cats.

I proceeded to pick out the crystals from the 2 litter boxes and put them in my humidor, the only problem I have is my fingers smell like cat shit and I cant get the smell off and my cigars taste like cat shit also.......

Who's idea was this..........:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:rofl:

I proceeded to pick out the crystals from the 2 litter boxes and put them in my humidor, the only problem I have is my fingers smell like cat shit and I cant get the smell off and my cigars taste like cat shit also.......

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

I've heard of barnyard smell but cat box smell? :squinteye

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I JUST saw this thread

Some people say kitty litter works just as well...
Some people say NCs are as good as CCs...
Some people think Bud Lite is as good as any imported brew...
Some people say masterbating is as good as the real thing...

I don't listen to these people.

Too funny Matthew!

Talk about treating your cigars like s#%@!

~Mark

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I JUST saw this thread

Too funny Matthew!

Talk about treating your cigars like s#%@!

~Mark
Keep laughing. HB and I will keep saving money with Kitty litter and that mmmm fresh new smell in the humi. :eyepoke:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Potential catastrophe?

What's going to happen, the RH increases a little...the litter explodes into a cloud of urine and cat feces?

LOL

Potential catastrophe is when you have an electronic device that isn't working correctly over-humidifying your cigars. :rofl:

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Potential catastrophe?
What's going to happen, the RH increases a little...the litter explodes into a cloud of urine and cat feces?
LOL
Potential catastrophe is when you have an electronic device that isn't working correctly over-humidifying your cigars. :rofl:

The catastrophe would be your kitty taking a sqwat in your Avallo! :grinFU:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Not really...if my cats squat in this stuff then they would squat in my Heartfelt beads.

Same material.

Oh, and it is an Aristocrat. :blushlove

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I really don't want to stir this pot. Heartfelt's beads are awesome and I recommend them whole heartedly, but saying the savings between KL and Heartfelt is minimal? I guess it's all relative, but I don't see it as all that minimal. Especially if you need quite a bit of it.