What's new

Known Risks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Thanks Todd, good info and reminder to all.

If I may comment, the warning letter is just that, a warning, and therefore can be, not ignored, but be "put aside".

The RFI letter is a bit more sternly worded. What I have come to understand is that the feds, expect a response within 20 days of signing for the letter. This letter should not be ignored. How you choose to respond is, of course, up to you.

Just my .02

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Todd, thanks for the info and as a newbie to the site it is appreacated. The only thing I worry about is the posting of pics. IMO

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
just out of curiosity, have any of you guys recieved either type of letter or know anyone who has???? some of these posts make it sound like the PO cant deliver them fast enough!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
how worried should a guy be about recieving one?? ive only made 5 purchases in the last yr or so??? should i expect something??

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was doing a little research about the letters and came across this site:

http://www.nlg.org/cuba/Cuba_travel_alert_7.htm

Though it has to do with traveling to Cuba, it talks about the RFI and how to approach the situation. Plus if you were to get one of these letters and wanted so quick advice about what it was they could probably give you so good advice or connect you with an attorney that has seen this before. Just remember as a US citizen you have the 5th Amendment.

I was wondering if anyone knows on a place on the internet that has a PDF of one of these letters. I was wanting to see what language it contains?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people are of the opinion that the enforcement offices of the Embargo might monitor online communications...please note I said SOME people are of the OPINION.

I'm not so sure it's all opinion. There was a thread on CS (Stogie) recently that a number of IP's that traced back to gov't departments(Dept of Treasury, afaik) were linked to accounts on that board. They're watching no doubt.. it's just a matter of whether they are acting upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.