What's new

Late night smoking and discussion thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a CA fan, but I do like most of the older My Father blends. Sad to hear you are so disappointed.
I have noticed a strange and not enjoyable mettalic taste when that blend is young, but 6 months to a year later they seem to hit the sweet spot. Any date on the box? At least Neptune is willing to give you credit for something else.
The box is marked rather poorly. It says 05 ???? 2018. I don't want to sound like a dick (I am a huge dick) but I have spent a bunch of money with Neptune and if they didn't want to take these dog turds back I would have disputed my credit card payment. The customer service guy said this kind of stuff happens all the time and he was cool about getting an RMA out to me. As far as Padron buying tobacco from Aganorsa they probably do for their low-end cigars, but the Series 1926 is all their own tobacco aged for at least five years.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I smoked a couple of turkey breasts under bacon weave and three good CCs. Just lighting up #4 a Partagas Pirimides, my favorite late night smoke.turkey done.jpg

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Good evening fellow late nighters. Good Thanksgiving wishes to all.
I received a box of Our Father Flor de Las Antillas Belicosos today.
This month's Cigar Aficionado "95" rated top pick. My rating, "00". I smoke three to five cigars a day and bought these on a lark from Neptune because of the "95" rating. These things don't deserve a spot in my humidor IMHO. They taste like nothing. I ended up getting a return authorization from Neptune and I am going to be returning a box of cigars for the first time in 40 years of smoking.
I'm quitting reading Cigar Aficionado too.:eek: I don't even want to smoke tonight so I'm having a glass of Basil Hayden's bourbon.
View attachment 125759
For non-CCs, I tend to stick with Padron 1926, Fuente Opus X, and Cohiba red dots.

CA's recommendations and ratings are garbage, hence why we're doing our own top 25! You want to try some great NC's look over people's nominations there. There's some incredible NC's being produced right now.
Many are far superior in flavor and quality than most of the well known prestige "premium" brands.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N
CA's recommendations and ratings are garbage, hence why we're doing our own top 25! You want to try some great NC's look over people's nominations there. There's some incredible NC's being produced right now.
Many are far superior in flavor and quality than most of the well known prestige "premium" brands.
Nice to see another FChatter here on BOTL. I just caught a three-day ban from Yin for shutting down Dr. Tommy Cosgrove. I am pretty much done with FChat at this time. CA is mostly useless when it comes to reviews IMHO. My cigar brother down in South Florida gets me his two for one free subscription every year for decades because he is cheap. LOL I primarily smoke CCs and these cigars weren't even close to being good, let alone a "95". On a positive note, Neptune Cigars was great about getting me an RMA, and the box is awaiting pickup by the USPS right now.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just lit up my last Warped Lirio Rojo. This one was bombed to me by my late night brother @WestCoastIPA when my little guy was born! thanks Joe! My favorite NCView attachment 125934
Enjoy brother! I’m in the middle of a four day weekend and should be outside enjoying a smoke and a beer with you, but I unfortunately am feeling under the weather. I even had to miss the traditional Thanksgiving with the extended family yesterday.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Enjoy brother! I’m in the middle of a four day weekend and should be outside enjoying a smoke and a beer with you, but I unfortunately am feeling under the weather. I even had to miss the traditional Thanksgiving with the extended family yesterday.
I hope you feel better Joe! My whole family has been sick; myself, the wife, and both boys. All of us are on the mend now. Maybe vherf tomorrow?