What's new

Late night smoking and discussion thread

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I also think letting them rest is more pronounced when the cigars are shipped internationally (and CC); however, my desktop humidor is well seasoned after nearly 20 years. The smokes in there get oily as heck, and get really good at 65% after two weeks or so, and just get better. So it is your choice Brother. That cigar is so good that I'd be smoking one right now, but that is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the advice brother. I’m going to have to wait one night as I have to be up early in the morning and I don’t want to rush this stick. Tomorrow is my Friday so I’ll be enjoying one tomorrow night. I’m really looking forward to it!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I don’t have much of a selection of sticks yet. My wineador is fairly empty. I’ve yet to make a box purchase yet, just singles and five packs. I wish I had a smaller vitola to grab to get in a quicker smoke. I need to diversify, lol.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi Brothers,
I'm about midway though a Southern Draw Firethorn Pome. Dang this is a good smoke, so good, dang! So I was born in Mississippi, spent most of my life there. I miss the music the most. This one goes out to @mjones9630 (another Mississippi brother) who bombed me with this smoke. It is a new favorite, gotta get more!
I'm going to play a few of my favorite Mississippi Artists to celebrate this wonderful smoke!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just passing buy on my way to bed and thought I would drop a video.

This guy, Ibrahim Ferrer, was one hot Cuban jazz singer. Born in 1927, he lived his entire life in Cuba. it wasn’t until 1999 that he record his first solo album. In 2000 Ferrer, at the age of 72, received a Latin Grammy for Best New Artist. Ferrer passed in 2005 in Havana.

In this video, Ferrer is the tenor in the white suite and flat cap.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

This guy, Ibrahim Ferrer, was one hot Cuban jazz singer. Born in 1927, he lived his entire life in Cuba. it wasn’t until 1999 that he record his first solo album. In 2000 Ferrer, at the age of 72, received a Latin Grammy for Best New Artist. Ferrer passed in 2005 in Havana.

Nice one!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My wife and I were at this show: a favorite:
The young lady singing is Mr. Turner's granddaughter.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
One of my favorite bands, probably seen them live 50 times. First band I saw live. Love Cary Hudson's solo stuff as well.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Listening to this again; I love this group. I've never seen this performance before tonight; love the tune though! I remember his passing, heard about it on NPR, thats what turned me on to Cuban Jazz! I've been a jazzhead since the mid 90's. My love for Beat Poetry drew me to jazz as a high school kid.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuban jazz, which is blended with a lot of Latin music influence, to be the essence of the definition of cool. Then throw in the drums and rhythm of people like Tito Puente...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Man there is some excellent latin music here in San Antonio! Some great mariachi stuff, check this out. A guy in this band works with my wife and one of his brothers is a friend of mine (he's in a thrash metal band):
Made to honor the death of Dolores O'Riordan

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Man brother, you're on a roll tonight. As for me, I've been thinking about that Lirio Rojo waiting for me back home, and here I am still at work. I'll hopefully be home in another hour or so. I'm really looking forward to it.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Man brother, you're on a roll tonight. As for me, I've been thinking about that Lirio Rojo waiting for me back home, and here I am still at work. I'll hopefully be home in another hour or so. I'm really looking forward to it.
Nice brother, I had a great day at work today; just lit up a nice Punch, not sure of the vitola. I think that I know from the size but want to be sure. The last Punch I had was in 2002 the Black Prince, which was discontinued that same year, my first CC, and I have never revisited the brand, but thought about it (it was this size; I'm thinking this is a Punch Punch). Smoking into the first third I get sweet coffee, vanilla, nuts, cream. It is good Brother. Some herbal notes as well. Man, it is good! Sweet honey moving into the middle, with a touch of spice. Such a great smoke! Buttery goodness and walnut in the last third, blowing my mind; a great cigar!

Last edited: