What's new

Late night smoking and discussion thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stopped by to see what was going on for a minute since I saw @EL Corojo was posting. If I get time over the next couple of days I may do a bit of research just to educate myself on what might be possible on a budget of nothing. If I find anything interesting I’ll let you know. Have a good night to all the nocturnal BOTL.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Some of the brothers here seem to do a lot of vherfs though? Maybe they can help. I'm a therapist and psychotherapy researcher, that means my tech skills are rudimentary at best. Unless you need statistics, I'm a statistics wizard.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just stopped by to see what was going on for a minute since I saw @EL Corojo was posting. If I get time over the next couple of days I may do a bit of research just to educate myself on what might be possible on a budget of nothing. If I find anything interesting I’ll let you know. Have a good night to all the nocturnal BOTL.
Thanks Brother!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Some of the brothers here seem to do a lot of vherfs though? Maybe they can help. I'm a therapist and psychotherapy researcher, that means my tech skills are rudimentary at best. Unless you need statistics, I'm a statistics wizard.
How you doing tonight brother? I'm actually still at work but should be leaving in a bit. I'm not sure if I'm going to get a smoke in tonight or not. I would like to, but I'll see how late it is when I get home.

As far as the technology stuff, brother, I'm almost 50, (although I don't look a day over 48, lol), and I have zero social media accounts. I am probably the only person in Southern California without a Facebook account! Having said that, if something can be figured out, I'd be willing to give it a try.

If you're still up and grooving when I get home, I'll check on in. (I really would like to smoke another New World, haha).

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
How you doing tonight brother? I'm actually still at work but should be leaving in a bit. I'm not sure if I'm going to get a smoke in tonight or not. I would like to, but I'll see how late it is when I get home.

As far as the technology stuff, brother, I'm almost 50, (although I don't look a day over 48, lol), and I have zero social media accounts. I am probably the only person in Southern California without a Facebook account! Having said that, if something can be figured out, I'd be willing to give it a try.

If you're still up and grooving when I get home, I'll check on in. (I really would like to smoke another New World, haha).
I've never had a New World (I should), but I've liked every AJ Fernandez smoke that I've had! He makes great cigars brother. I smoke a lot of old school cigars because I was out of the hobby for several years, and hope to keep my hands off my stash. I still smoked the occasional CC from time to time, but was uber focused on work. The new NC cigars that I've tried have been amazing. I've truly been blown away, and I look forward to trying a New World.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Also, I'm great tonight. Got a lot of writing done today; hoping to get this manuscript submitted by the end of the month, maybe earlier, fingers crossed. How are you brother?

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
im tellin you dude, google handouts is free lol. it's a little finicky sometimes but not impossibly so. if you just want voice then i would recommend discord. it's what pretty much everyone uses for online gaming these days, can do live chat or text and is free and easy to use. can get it on desktops or mobile no problem. shit I might just set up a BOTL discord

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im tellin you dude, google handouts is free lol. it's a little finicky sometimes but not impossibly so. if you just want voice then i would recommend discord. it's what pretty much everyone uses for online gaming these days, can do live chat or text and is free and easy to use. can get it on desktops or mobile no problem. shit I might just set up a BOTL discord
Let me catch up and get on the same page.

I looked at Discord and it looks very comprehensive. It has integrated chat, voice, video, screen share, video share (play YouTube video to a group) and some other features. It seems that @EL Corojo posts a lot of YouTube music video to share. The only real hard limit I found so far is, "...up to 9 people can participate in video and screen sharing experience." Probably not a big issue now, but hey, who knows...

I looked briefly at Google Hangouts. The impression I got from the app site was it is more an experimental skunk-works than a semi-finished tool. I read their knowledge-base and looked at the questions and answers. I see quite a few answers to the same question with different suggestions on how to do the something. I had the impression Google is waiting for others to figure out how to monetize Hangouts.

I’m not sure what happens now or there is anything that needs to happen. I guess this is probably your call, @EL Corojo since you have been monitoring the thread at night. I don't presume to cut in on you gig.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Let me catch up and get on the same page.

I looked at Discord and it looks very comprehensive. It has integrated chat, voice, video, screen share, video share (play YouTube video to a group) and some other features. It seems that @EL Corojo posts a lot of YouTube music video to share. The only real hard limit I found so far is, "...up to 9 people can participate in video and screen sharing experience." Probably not a big issue now, but hey, who knows...

I looked briefly at Google Hangouts. The impression I got from the app site was it is more an experimental skunk-works than a semi-finished tool. I read their knowledge-base and looked at the questions and answers. I see quite a few answers to the same question with different suggestions on how to do the something. I had the impression Google is waiting for others to figure out how to monetize Hangouts.

I’m not sure what happens now or there is anything that needs to happen. I guess this is probably your call, @EL Corojo since you have been monitoring the thread at night. I don't presume to cut in on you gig.
Discord sounds kind of cool. I'm thinking that may be the way to go. I'm willing to host the vherf most weekends. I have a baby due in September, though (third kid). Not sure what my life will look like then. I'll check it out!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Weirdo Jazz,
Still loving this Connie 1; Last third = black walnut and vanilla (think ice cream) with a hint of anise and spice, sooo good! Glad to have one more of these in the humidor; gonna save it for a special occasion.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good evening Brothers! I’m always a little late to the party.
Hey, I got my Lirio Rojos in the mail today. I’ve only been smoking cigars for a few months but I’ve been on this board long enough to know I need to let them rest in my wineador for awhile before trying one. How long do you think I should wait, a few days, a week, a little longer? I just want to try one of them, then I’ll hold on to the rest of them for awhile.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good evening Brothers! I’m always a little late to the party.
Hey, I got my Lirio Rojos in the mail today. I’ve only been smoking cigars for a few months but I’ve been on this board long enough to know I need to let them rest in my wineador for awhile before trying one. How long do you think I should wait, a few days, a week, a little longer? I just want to try one of them, then I’ll hold on to the rest of them for awhile.
Smoke one right now, it will probably get better over the next month or so; time usually improves smokes, but I always smoke one right off the truck (ROTT). Then just try one a month or so later to test the improvement, and continue this process. This cigar is really good so you may want to let it age a bit, but I always smoke one ROTT as a base-line to gather where the age of the cigar starts from. The one that I smoked a few days ago had only been in my humidor for like a few days. I'm going to pick up a few more soon as well; I love getting new cigars delivered and cannot wait.

Last edited: