What's new

Latest cigar club arrivals.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Still keep toying with the idea of joining one, but there are so many that different people like, its difficult to even decide which one would be best for me.

Have been eyeing perfect cigar blends $20 subscription for 2 to 5 cigars a month, as i like the idea of $20 for unknown cigars better than the usual $40 or so most places charge

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Let me know how your thought on the Cremoso. I haven't tried one since they switched to Aganorsa. I have always liked Jeff's Connecticut cigars though.

He use to roll one called the fuhgedaboutit and it was the first CT I bought on a regular basis. That was back when he had his own factory/shop in NC.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Let me know how your thought on the Cremoso. I haven't tried one since they switched to Aganorsa. I have always liked Jeff's Connecticut cigars though.

He use to roll one called the fuhgedaboutit and it was the first CT I bought on a regular basis. That was back when he had his own factory/shop in NC.
Will do! Should be interesting as I've strayed FAR from Connecticuts and have been trying to recapture my original love for them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think thats the normal thing to do. Most smokers start with Connies, move to Maduros for a while then realize that there is a time and place for everything and start puting Connies in the rotation again
Interesting bit of insight.

I didn't really start with any particular category/wrapper type, I just dove in and tried lots of things until I found some I liked. Definitely the expensive way to go about it, but only knew 1 person who smoked cigars, didn't have a dedicated cigar shop to purchase singles from, and was about 2 years in before joining my first and only cigar forum, but didn't really read or especially participate much at all.

Did become regular trading buddies with a guy I met there, and am still friends with him to this day, about 13 years later.

I didn't start actually getting into cigars, even though I had smoked some occasionally many times in the past, until a guy i was field training for Halliburton gave me a short story to smoke with him during a slow day and was immediately hooked.

Bought a box of them that night when we got back to the shop after work, and have been a regular smoker ever since, especially Fuentes on the nc side.

Will always have a love for them since they are where it all started, plus they just plain make a lot of excellent cigars. I have a large tupperdor just for Fuentes. No other tupperdor is filled with smokes from just one marca like with Fuentes.

I did certainly go through a Maduro heavy phase for sure though, to the point probably half my stash was Maduros. Especially loved the Camacho Triple Maduro, an longed for and coveted any Fuente Maduros.

Still love a good Maduro and will always have some on hand to add variety, but I try to have some of everything, as variety is the most highly prized aspect in my collection, so everything still has a place with me.

Have noticed that CT wrappers seem to be thinner or just more fragile, than others.

Could be my imagination, as its not like I've kept careful track, but i have seemed to have more issues with them cracking, peeling, bits coming off from normal, handling, etc. than with others.

Anyone else notice this also, or am i just mistaken and its just coincidence?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Connie, Corojo wrappers are thinner. Because of the aging process required to make Maduro cigars they select thicker denser leaves. Or some cheap cigars are just use regular leaf that has been dyed, more likely in dark Oscuro wrappers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Connie, Corojo wrappers are thinner. Because of the aging process required to make Maduro cigars they select thicker denser leaves. Or some cheap cigars are just use regular leaf that has been dyed, more likely in dark Oscuro wrappers.
Yeah, pretty much mirrors my experience with connie's and Maduros. Definitely have far fewer issues with Maduros, but with connies, often a chunk pulls off just from holding it normally while smoking.

Doesn't really hurt anything or bother me that much though

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone doing small batches $30 COTM club?
I haven't joined one yet personally since the Fuente/Newman club like 15 years ago that doesn't exist anymore, but i have seen small batches COTM mentioned a number of times.

Eyeing Perfect Cigar Blends Bronze membership since its only $20 for 2 to 5 cigars a month