What's new

Let's help our brother Danthebugman

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Prayers for Dan, his family and their neighbors.

Insured or not, it's hard to endure this kind of tragedy.

PM sent.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
That's some good news! Hopefully there is a good bit of stuff that can be salvaged.
Well he was hoping to gather things and try to board up what was left as another large storm is hitting there right now. I have been through this guys 8 years ago and there is just nothing that can be said it is such a shocking event that turns your life upside down.

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
What about organizing a "mission trip" over there. I would be more than willing to donate my time to help Dan's family as well as the rest of the town.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
What about organizing a "mission trip" over there. I would be more than willing to donate my time to help Dan's family as well as the rest of the town.
Being in the emergency business, I will tell you right now would not be good. Give it a week or so when things start calming down and a group trip to help Dan rebuild would be fine. If we went down right now it would be too chaotic and we wouldn't be all that helpful just more of a hindrance. (reminder no stores/food/shelter and we would just require more with us being down there) The best thing right now is gifts/money to help them out until the insurance company starts kicking in.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
what firedoc said. they are discouraging anyone but first responders to come down right now. in a week or two, it might be a great idea.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I posted a update in the first post of the thread. As Firedoc said please don't jump in a car and head there to help. I know the town is on a lock down and is very chaotic. I am a paramedic here in Missouri and my work has been talking with SEMA the emergency management people and they are flooded with people just heading there to help. At this point the only teams allowed in are those who are able to be self sufficient. So in time say a week or tow I am sure they will need help with cleanup and repair. Right now lets all be thankful out brothers from there are alive and well.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
This is incredible, guys!! Your generosity is simply amazing!!! I know Dan just doesn't even know to say. He said, "Jeez...it's one thing when you're the one donating, but an entirely different thing when you're on the receiving end. I don't even know what to say."

thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers sent this way... This community needs them for a long time to come.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Anyone else feel a breeze? :laugh: Ah yeah...well after all the years of having those sirens go off one finally hits and boy did it hit. I was making dinner when the sirens went off and didn't really think much of it. Went out on the porch to look, nothing impressive. Checked the radar and it was still west of us a ways. Went about making dinner and was getting ready to start the grill when my wife's mom called. She told the wife it was serious and we really needed to take cover. Got my wife and kid into the bathroom with the dogs. Tried to round up the cats, but they were freaking and ran under the bed. As I was neeling down to get them I caught a glimpse out the window and saw stuff was starting to fly...cat's are on their own. Ran to the bathroom, shut the door, and hit the floor just as it hit. Glass breaking, house was physically jerking around. Didn't last very long and I went out to check things out. At first I didn't think it was too bad. I could see windows broken, trees were down, our fense was taken out. I grabbed shoes and jackets for the wife and kid then went outside. As soon as I opened the door it was so unreal. Stuff is just gone. I walked down to the side street and looked down towards the high school, which normally you can't see cause there's a big bus barn in the way, but you could see a ways now and it was all just gone. Checked on the neighbors, then grabbed a jacket and ran up to my work. Thankfully it was still standing. Came back home and rounded up the animals (cat's made it by the way) and took them up there. Then set out to get to my mother-in-laws. Couldn't reach her by phone, but she had talked to my father-in-law (who was in Texas on a job, but headed back as soon as he heard the news) and he had talked to my wife so I knew she was okay which was good case looking out toward where her house was I'd have never thought people would be alive. Got over to her house and got her and her dogs out. Their roof is gone and the garage collapsed so worse than our house, but still better than a lot of pepole. Just house after house completely pancaked. I ran by two houses where people were unfortunately finding family members in the rubble. Horrible stuff. This morning the death toll was at 86, but that's far from what it'll end up being. One of the hospitals got hit and lost the top two floors, people got sucked from their rooms. They had to evacuate that hospital due to a gas leak. At a Pizza Hut the employees took shelter in a freezer. From what I've heard that freezer is missing and so are the people in it. It's so unreal. So I'm safe, my family is safe, but so many cannot say the same thing. Please keep praying for them. I cannot express how gratefull I am for all of your concerns, prayers and for the ourpooring of generosity this community has shown. I talked to JJ this morning and he told me about all the donations that have been coming from you guys, I teared up. I'm not a crier so :grinFU: for making me do that. My wife, bless her heart, has been holding up pretty well through this and when I told her about the donations she was stunned. I've had a lot of people asking if we need anything and truth be told I have no idea yet what is a loss and what can be saved. I went to the house this morning and got a TV that survived, our computer, some of the kid's favorite things and important papers. Put plastic over the windows and called it good. We've been getting hit all day with more thunderstorms and it makes doing much more than that really hard. Got some stuff from the mother-in-laws also. Looters were apparently already out this morning according to reports...rat bastages. Anyway, if there's anything you all want to send for those in the community please do! There are so many people here that have lost everything. I would say you could send it to my house, but given the circumstances I doubt the mail will be delivering there. I'm sure Frank would be okay with me saying you can send it to him and either him or I will make sure it gets to those who need it. Again thank you all!!

Dan

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
pm sent and prayers too. I was in the coffee shop yesterday and saw this and my first thought was who on BOTL lives there. Hang in there!