What's new

Let's help our brother Danthebugman

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Really glad to hear from you Dan. My family has been praying for everyone there and were just glad you and your family are okay. I hope whatever we can do for you helps out in some way while your insurance is being processed. That can take awhile and it's nice to hear you have family and friends that can support you in your time of need.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The weather has been insane! According to Bob, and my mother-in-law... I'm a weather jinx. Joplin, Overland Park, Sedalia (my friends and family), Quad Cities (my in-laws)...

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Tornado touched down about 15 miles northeast of me last night. Where are all these things coming from?!

Fortunately it only flattened a barn then dissipated
Guess the Rapture works for the government, really slow and painful.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I know it's been a week or whatever, and the media has moved on like 5 times, but Dan is still a great brother. Bumping for him, his, and everyone else in Joplin, and the other places hit by this crap lately.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
After Holiday weekend hell for me at work I am finally sitting down to update the donors list. Thanks to all who have donated. My wife and I are heading down Wednesday to take the donated items to Dan and his Wife. Thanks to every one again.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Thank you Jason and others that have made this personal donation of help possible to our brother Dan. Let us all continue to pray for this community.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Ok I wanted to say again as I feel I can't say it enough Thank you. I talked to Dan this morning, I am going to see him tomorrow. As we all know our government claims they will stand beside every one there yet FEMA declined him for assistance. His car runs but the only glass left semi intact is the windshield. He is still waiting for the insurance company to send a adjuster out. He is getting closer to being moved into temp housing. Still not back to work yet but hopefully sometime this week. When we get back tomorrow I will post up pictures we take there. Thank you all for your part in helping out Dan and his family.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I don't know if Joplin can handle the Mighty JJ!! :dunno:

Hope to see you tomorrow, Jason... and thanks again, so very much for all you and everyone else in this BOTL community has done for Dan and his family...

... and thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers for the Joplin area.

The amount of generosity, community, love, compassion, etc. that has been shown to Joplin Missouri is astounding. I was in Springfield MO and Buffalo MO over the past few days... Marquees and donation boxes/cans everywhere. Nearly every place we went in Springfield, someone was taking up money or supplies to send this way. It makes you feel good about people, again, when you see this...

Thanks, again, everyone!!!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thank you Jason and others that have made this personal donation of help possible to our brother Dan. Let us all continue to pray for this community.
110% x2....Thanks JJ for helping us help Dan. Prayers for everyone in our country that has gone through mother natures destructive path.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I went down and visited Dan today. We did not get much of a chance to go visit the huge chunk of town that is gone. He had his son, and they only have one vehicle. His wife and him are working alternating days right now because of the lack of daycare. They are working 4 hours a day due to their work not having power and water. his son absolutely loved the gifts that were sent for them. Thanks for all who have donated in one way or another. He said as of now he thinks they are going to be good. He tried several times to make it out that he is not that bad and others take priority over him. But his car has all of the windows broken out, has part of his house intact and part gone. He has a great up beat and positive attitude. Thanks again to every one!!!!!!

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Really glad to hear that they're all hanging in there and not turning pessimistic. Especially glad to hear that his boy is doing well, this can't be easy on such a young child (well... Can't be easy on any of them, but you know what I mean)

Thanks for the update and for organizing all of this, Jason!

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Really glad to hear that they're all hanging in there and not turning pessimistic. Especially glad to hear that his boy is doing well, this can't be easy on such a young child (well... Can't be easy on any of them, but you know what I mean)

Thanks for the update and for organizing all of this, Jason!
He took to those trucks you sent like he had them forever very cool man thanks for helping out!!!!