What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a photo of my current setup (forgive me if I have posted this here before, I get confused) The little one on the right was my first one and it is the only one that actually cools so I use it as a temporary holding facility until I through the new sticks into the freezer and then into one of the other two.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Normally that would be true, but the humidor doesn't hold RH as well as it once did. With 2 bovedas and that water I get 65%. Also, she's only about 1/4 to 1/3 full. :(

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Eli, next question, how is your hygrometer/calibration? Maybe you need to calibrate/check out how accurate your hygrometer is.

Other solutions would be using some Scotch tape around the lip to get the seal a little tighter. Or, break up some empty cigar boxes (most B&M's will sell them cheap or give them away), and fill the void. That will stabilize your rH and might help it get a little higher.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
See that's the thing that got me. The calibration. I calibrated it when I got it, but after this I decided to go ahead and salt calibrate it again. It's in a baggie in the kitchen right now.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my tupperdor sits inside of the custom chest a buddy made for me as a gift. Unfortunately the reason I just don't use the chest is because there is very thin Spanish cedar as the lining. But it now serves a purpose and the tupperdor works wonderfully!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always looking for a nice desktop, but can't seem to find one at a local B&M. What always kills it for me is the incredibly thin bottom - veneer like. Even humid that have a good seal, often have an almost paper bottom. What brands are sturdy all around? Diamond Crown? Daniel Marshall?