What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The humidity is decent, but shouldn't it be close to 69% with 5 packs? Could be wrong tho. I'm not a humidity expert, I just know what % I like.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have a bunch of large packs (5) ...the beads don't live there.
As good as Boveda packs are, 5 may not be enough for that space and that many cigars. When you say it's leaking humidity, is the rH climbing or dropping? I can't tell by your profile where you live - if you're in Arizona, I'd expect it to drop and if you're in Chicago, I'd expect it to climb.

Either way, if the coolidor lid seems to be closing and sealing, then I would really suspect that you don't have enough humidity control in there. Personally, I'd be putting in KL or beads to maintain the humidity and putting in quite a bit. The nice thing about KL and beads is that you can't use too much (unless you use so much that it takes up all the room and there's no space for cigars!)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a bunch of large packs (5) ...the beads don't live there.
As good as Boveda packs are, 5 may not be enough for that space and that many cigars. When you say it's leaking humidity, is the rH climbing or dropping? I can't tell by your profile where you live - if you're in Arizona, I'd expect it to drop and if you're in Chicago, I'd expect it to climb.

Either way, if the coolidor lid seems to be closing and sealing, then I would really suspect that you don't have enough humidity control in there. Personally, I'd be putting in KL or beads to maintain the humidity and putting in quite a bit. The nice thing about KL and beads is that you can't use too much (unless you use so much that it takes up all the room and there's no space for cigars!)
Thanks for the input. I'll try diffrent things and see what happens. I switched from beads to packs because it was settling around 62 and I like my sticks around 65. I'm sure your right tho. I'll throw in more beads or get a few more packs. Thanks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It may not have been leaking humidity but it wasn't climbing as high as I thought it should have been. I live in south texas. Super humid area most of the time.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Empty walk ins make me sad...

I'm going to try to help our poor disprivileged friend Rev out a little bit...

Just letting everyone else know his situation... in case you would like to offer him some assistance too....

:)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0