What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Lol. I think my bank account will slow that kind of progress down, but then again when I get into something I tend to go all out. So maybe I'll start looking now after all. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@Tug197 he's not kidding. I went from that to a 19 quart tupperdor in a month. Acquisition syndrome kicks in with these guys.
Yep, I started with "getting a few cigars for my brothers wedding" in September. Now my wineador is completly full and I have a friend of mine making a 20x10x10 custom desktop.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Lol. I think my bank account will slow that kind of progress down, but then again when I get into something I tend to go all out. So maybe I'll start looking now after all. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Lol, the slope IS quite slippery! I'm a little less than a year in, and thanks to some of the OVERLY generous brothers here, I'm already working with a half full wino!
But, a word of "caution".. lol.. If I could go back, I'd be smarter, and ease into it! Your tastes will change pretty quickly once you really start smoking; and nobody wants to end up with a drawer full of dog rockets they'll never smoke again.. So don't buy too much, too fast! You'll know when you get a feel for of what's good to you, and what to look for. I bought all kinds of samplers and cheapos when I started, to just "TRY EVERYTHING", and have about half of em left... just sitting there, taking up precious space! Not to mention all the $ that could have been put towards something GOOD.. lol.. But it's difficult to not just dive in, so good luck!

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, the slope IS quite slippery! I'm a little less than a year in, and thanks to some of the OVERLY generous brothers here, I'm already working with a half full wino!
But, a word of "caution".. lol.. If I could go back, I'd be smarter, and ease into it! Your tastes will change pretty quickly once you really start smoking; and nobody wants to end up with a drawer full of dog rockets they'll never smoke again.. So don't buy too much, too fast! You'll know when you get a feel for of what's good to you, and what to look for. I bought all kinds of samplers and cheapos when I started, to just "TRY EVERYTHING", and have about half of em left... just sitting there, taking up precious space! Not to mention all the $ that could have been put towards something GOOD.. lol.. But it's difficult to not just dive in, so good luck!
Sage advice. If I were to add anything it would be this- 5 packs are your friend if buying online mostly like I do. Also you won't get stuck with a bunch of stuff you may never smoke. Five packs have allowed me to sample a ton of brands and help me find out what I like and not break the bank.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Taking inventory today while putting my new shelves into use. It felt good to throw out all those damn baggies. Found a nice little bonus of 10 Black CGs hiding out in my box of Dip 2s, and 2 1964s in another box. Also putting together a big stack to send out to CFW of stuff I know I'll keep passing over.

Getting my humidor back up & running too so I free up even more space and organize a bit further.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I really thought about it. I just didn't want to send something I don't want to smoke myself. Maybe just loading it up with cans of Copenhagen and use this as space filler...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I really thought about it. I just didn't want to send something I don't want to smoke myself. Maybe just loading it up with cans of Copenhagen and use this as space filler...
Those guys will smoke anything. Seriously. The guys who know will find something quality, but those guys just want something to pass the time. I've heard from numerous sources, including friends who were deployed, that even a terrible cigar is worth smoking for many guys just looking to break up the monotony. Send them, they will be smoked and appreciated.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Exactly why I'm staying slow with it. My first order off CI a year from today was about 30 mild/medium sticks that I don't touch any longer. I do give them to a neighbor and some guys that maybe smoke a cigar once every few months. But other than that they sit in the box and take up space. I won't bomb them out because they're just too blah but I'm glad I didn't keep buying off CI/Cbid or I'd have way more crap than good. Don't be like this guy I'm replying to. TAKE YOUR TIME! ;)