What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, but soon this going to be my new humidor. Just a little work left. :)

Wow, being from Minnesota, I knew right away that was probably of Swedish origin. If not Swedish, then from the country just to your west. I really like the rosmålning on the inside lid. On the front, is that carved or more painting. It’s hard to tel from the pic. Keep us informed as you progress. It’s a great way to repurpose that stand.

From your pic, it looks like pinewood of some type. I’m curious as to how you might tighten it up so it can better hold humidity. Are you planning on building a tighter Spanish cedar lined wood box on the inside? Spanish cedar box, in a hardwood box, in the table’s box.

With the number of Swedes in Minnesota, I assume your winters are dry in Sweden as they are here. In the winter, a lot of people here have trouble keeping humidity at the low end target of 65% in wooded humidors. I was having trouble so decided to try 72% Boveda (using two 320 gram) packs. The current reading from my humidor is 67%. The highest reading since making this change was 70%. Probably in March or April, I’ll go down to using 69% packs for the rest if the year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so, I am thinking of cover the inside with glass and try to make a airtight cover of glass. It should be nice to keep the wood top open. (A lot of ideas right now) :)
I should have read the other messages on the thread before commenting before. Instead of glass you might consider clear acrylic. You can work with it more easily than glass. Look at the Boveda humidor as examples on how build an acrylic humidor. I’m not sure too many people have developed building plans for either glass or acrylic humidors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, being from Minnesota, I knew right away that was probably of Swedish origin. If not Swedish, then from the country just to your west. I really like the rosmålning on the inside lid. On the front, is that carved or more painting. It’s hard to tel from the pic. Keep us informed as you progress. It’s a great way to repurpose that stand.

From your pic, it looks like pinewood of some type. I’m curious as to how you might tighten it up so it can better hold humidity. Are you planning on building a tighter Spanish cedar lined wood box on the inside? Spanish cedar box, in a hardwood box, in the table’s box.

With the number of Swedes in Minnesota, I assume your winters are dry in Sweden as they are here. In the winter, a lot of people here have trouble keeping humidity at the low end target of 65% in wooded humidors. I was having trouble so decided to try 72% Boveda (using two 320 gram) packs. The current reading from my humidor is 67%. The highest reading since making this change was 70%. Probably in March or April, I’ll go down to using 69% packs for the rest if the year.
Hi, I think it is swedish and there are not much carving on the box, only on the legs. Pine are probably correct. My plan right now (it changing all the time) :) is to cover the sides and the bottom with glass, and try to make a tight glass cover on top so I always can have the wooden lid open and just open the glass lid.
I have just started with cigars in humidors (started smoking just after the summer 2017 when I harvested my first tobacco plants) but you are right about our dry winter.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have read the other messages on the thread before commenting before. Instead of glass you might consider clear acrylic. You can work with it more easily than glass. Look at the Boveda humidor as examples on how build an acrylic humidor. I’m not sure too many people have developed building plans for either glass or acrylic humidors.
Yes, acrylic are also in my plans. Easier to handle as you say. Sorry about my english, hope you understand my text. :)

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my new to me humidor yesterday. It came with a cigar oasis excel. I need to get some hygrometers for it to verify what the oasis is claiming. Right now the humidity seems to be high. I'm sure it'll settle though. I also wanna add some LEDs to it too, the room it's in is a little dark.

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What gram weight and RH are the Boveda packs? It looks like you have two, 60 gram packs that I can see in the photos. Are they maintaining the humidity where you want your cigars kept?