What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still working on building my self-sustaining humidor project. It’s a Pelican 1550 Case. I’ve already got most of the material minus the Boveda pack metal holders and acrylic or glass cigar bins. I have the Boveda Butler and Caliber 4 hygrometer and the necessary Boveda packs for size/capacity. Oh and not to mention the cigars, only have 13 at the moment. Call me a perfectionist but I’d rather have all of the material first before introducing the stogies.

The intention with this project is to not have to worry about reseasoning the Spanish Cedar featured in the humidor, trays, boxes, dividers, etc. There will be absolutely zero Spanish cedar to season. The Boveda packs will do their work and then get recharged.

This is what I’m going for, with the exception of the Spanish cedar trays and foam. I also will have 4 Boveda metal holders mounted on the lid. I figure this will also make for an excellent HERF humidor as well. My box is Desert Tan. Funny to think that I will not only have a humidor that can get run over by a truck, but also float on water and is watertight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well it seems that I have hit my upload limit for the month and the Google photo link doesn't work with board code.

Two Sistema Klip-it 5L containers with two 65% Bovedas in each one.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just arrived Avallo 2000 Cooled. No cigars yet but after a day or two to stabilize temp and rh the fun will begin!

Post pics when its full! This is one that I have been considering, would love to see how many boxes you are able to fit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post pics when its full! This is one that I have been considering, would love to see how many boxes you are able to fit.
It’s a labor of love. So far 12 boxes and the top two shelves are maybe half full and the bottom shelf completely empty. So I’m expecting somewhere north of 30 total.

Just got this guy in there a few days ago after the picture above. After their long journey to me I haven’t tried one yet but am looking forward to it after they lay down for a month or so. I don’t think I’ve smoked a good Cuban since I was in college 15 years ago. And was definitely too drunk to pay attention and enjoy it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well it seems that I have hit my upload limit for the month and the Google photo link doesn't work with board code.
You can't just post directly to the site? I'm old and technology has mostly passed me by so I am curious if it's a limit on your side or on the site?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You can't just post directly to the site? I'm old and technology has mostly passed me by so I am curious if it's a limit on your side or on the site?
Been using my phone so long I didn't think to try the site directly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It’s a labor of love. So far 12 boxes and the top two shelves are maybe half full and the bottom shelf completely empty. So I’m expecting somewhere north of 30 total.

Just got this guy in there a few days ago after the picture above. After their long journey to me I haven’t tried one yet but am looking forward to it after they lay down for a month or so. I don’t think I’ve smoked a good Cuban since I was in college 15 years ago. And was definitely too drunk to pay attention and enjoy it.

I love that. 30 boxes is a reasonable amount. I have been looking for a few months for a realistic box estimate. I really didn’t want the huge cabinet, but 30 boxes is perfect.

How do you like the cooling in the cabinet?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that. 30 boxes is a reasonable amount. I have been looking for a few months for a realistic box estimate. I really didn’t want the huge cabinet, but 30 boxes is perfect.

How do you like the cooling in the cabinet?

Very pleased with the cooling. Now that we are working from home given the virus the temp upstairs in our house doesn’t creep up like it used to. But it still kicks in a few times a day to drop the temp in the cabinet. You can definitely hear it but I can sit a few feet away and still watch tv without any real complaint. And it cools quickly. It turns on for maybe five minutes and the temp in the cabinet drops 2-3 degrees to the lower end of the range.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Very pleased with the cooling. Now that we are working from home given the virus the temp upstairs in our house doesn’t creep up like it used to. But it still kicks in a few times a day to drop the temp in the cabinet. You can definitely hear it but I can sit a few feet away and still watch tv without any real complaint. And it cools quickly. It turns on for maybe five minutes and the temp in the cabinet drops 2-3 degrees to the lower end of the range.

That’s amazing. I love the size of it.