What's new

Let's see your truck thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kickin' it old school - bought a new toy today!

View attachment 69720

89 Dakota, V6 and only 2wd, but only 100k miles and in solid shape - there's a couple bruises on the driver's side that don't show up in the pic, and paint is leaving the tailgate in the same manner as my hair from the top of my head, but pretty darn good for its age. Original owner was a neighbor who kept it garaged, and as he's now in his 80's, he was never tearing up the road with it. I have a soft spot for the late 80's / early 90's and I always liked that truck... so when I saw he was selling it, the only question was whether I'd fit in it, with my freakishly long chicken legs and all. I fit (just barely) and the test drive impressed, so now I have a new toy!

My thoughts right now are to keep it original as long as I can - hell, in 4 years I'll be able to put "historic vehicle" plates on it - but since this one is for both short-trip-driving and for fun, who knows... what do the BOTLs say - keep it original, or start down the slope with some new wheels?
V8 swap!

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't have any pics of my old truck. though I had am 08 Titan KC w/4WD, dark silver greyish, almost gunmetal-like. No major mods other than an UpRev flash to help conserve gas. Sold it because the back couldn't hold a rear facing baby carrier and it was our only means of "family" transportation. it was a fun 2 years of owning it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
20130324_171456(1).jpg 20130324_171521(1).jpg The trucks I spend more time in than my own durango. The Chevy was a 2010 duramax (I think. It was a diesel) It was my favorite but alas a new girl wrecked it a couple winters ago and bent the frame. The Dodge is our supervisor vehicle for the nights Im not on a transporting ambulance. It was a border patrol vehicle that was lost in a warehouse. When CBP found it, it was their old paint scheme. They didnt want to spend the money to redo it so they sold it to us. It is a 2002 with the 4.7. It can hold all the equipment an ALS ambulance can so we can help a crew out if needed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now these are my kind of people, glad I found this thread. But anyways, here's my old girl. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. Right now sits at only tune, intake, headers, exhaust. Gunna do a rebuild soon thinking early next year and thats when the real fun will start, as for now this works, only brutal part about living in Utah now is the altitude.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Lolz. Reading my old posts about mpg n stuff, and I bought the exact truck I've identified as the truck I didn't want. 07 2500hd with the 6.0L gasser.

Mileage is awful, 10.8 average since I bought it. Good thing I've a short commute. The 6 speed makes a huge difference though, my old 4 speed barely hit double digits. Towed the Dakota and trailer like it was nothing, and still gave me 10.8mpg... Doesn't matter how I drive or what I tow, 10.8mpg.

Actually went to the dealer to buy a used Ford Focus I saw online, but this was the same price and only 80k miles.