What's new

Let's see your truck thread

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I was going to ask if that was the engine that did that. I rented one of those last summer for a 2200 mile trip and it for significantly better highway mileage than my Tacoma, in a full size truck. It was nice
The 8 and the 6 have that. It's seamless, you only know if you have the realtime fuel economy display brought up, it'll show if it's in v4 mode. However, i think outside temperature also plays into it. It seems like it's only recently turned on with the warmer temperature and I didn't notice it change throughout the winter.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The 8 and the 6 have that. It's seamless, you only know if you have the realtime fuel economy display brought up, it'll show if it's in v4 mode. However, i think outside temperature also plays into it. It seems like it's only recently turned on with the warmer temperature and I didn't notice it change throughout the winter.
Yeah I'll be cruising on the highway in V4 mode getting 30+ MPG and then stomp on it and cry a little inside as it drops to around 5 or 6...lol

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Lol I miss my Tahoe..... I drive a 2014 KIA optima ATM( I do like my car) but I miss not caring about if the truck got scratched or not....

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Handled 2ft of snow this winter flawlessly. Besides a muddy field (which lead to an hour of power washing) I haven't taken it off road. Jeep tested it on the Moab trail, but I wouldn't be able to convince myself to take my new vehicle there....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Handled 2ft of snow this winter flawlessly. Besides a muddy field (which lead to an hour of power washing) I haven't taken it off road. Jeep tested it on the Moab trail, but I wouldn't be able to convince myself to take my new vehicle there....
I was afraid theyd sissy-fy it, lol. Glad it seems as rugged as the jeep brand should be.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'm kickin' it old school - bought a new toy today!

mytruck.JPG

89 Dakota, V6 and only 2wd, but only 100k miles and in solid shape - there's a couple bruises on the driver's side that don't show up in the pic, and paint is leaving the tailgate in the same manner as my hair from the top of my head, but pretty darn good for its age. Original owner was a neighbor who kept it garaged, and as he's now in his 80's, he was never tearing up the road with it. I have a soft spot for the late 80's / early 90's and I always liked that truck... so when I saw he was selling it, the only question was whether I'd fit in it, with my freakishly long chicken legs and all. I fit (just barely) and the test drive impressed, so now I have a new toy!

My thoughts right now are to keep it original as long as I can - hell, in 4 years I'll be able to put "historic vehicle" plates on it - but since this one is for both short-trip-driving and for fun, who knows... what do the BOTLs say - keep it original, or start down the slope with some new wheels?