What's new

Lil' Monsters

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I heard the lil' drac is smoking better than it's father....

I'm hoping the baby face smokes just like, if not better, than it's father; as it was my fav monster release (besides Frank)

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Look I just want to point out I bought boxes of the monsters from two different sponsors and had them two weeks ago. Try site sponsors first people. Second if you placed a order with 3j's I would call and ask where the box is. If it hasn't shipped then I would request your money back. If they refuse then call your card company for a charge back. You have to know your vendor folks.
I know some banks are great about charge backs especially USAA, and from my research it is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping!

The Fair Credit Billing Act does not address if it is legal for a company to charge you before shipping the product. Instead, it makes it illegal to not ship within advertised time period (or 30 days if no expected shipping date is mentioned in the agreement). If a merchant says "this item takes 90 days to ship", then they may bill right away and not have a legal problem if they ship before the 90 day window.

reference
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm

So now you know!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Great info DStan. Thank you for sharing.

I know some banks are great about charge backs especially USAA, and from my research it is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping!

The Fair Credit Billing Act does not address if it is legal for a company to charge you before shipping the product. Instead, it makes it illegal to not ship within advertised time period (or 30 days if no expected shipping date is mentioned in the agreement). If a merchant says "this item takes 90 days to ship", then they may bill right away and not have a legal problem if they ship before the 90 day window.

reference
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm

So now you know!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Man was I like this back in 08?????? Such nonsense for cigars that are really just par to be honest. I will say this. Wether guys don't like the upfront charges, I don't blame any retailer for doing this. (Especially on these LE cigars) The way guys act about these cigars, thinking they'll be gone tomorrow, I'm sure many people ordered or were put on multy retailer lists. Then as soon as one retailer gets them in a day or 2 early, everyone places a order with them. 2 days later the rest of the B&Ms receive their orders only to be told by half or more of the preorders that they no longer need boxes. . Instead of trying to sell 10 boxes left after preorders. They now have 40 or 50 still at their locations...... Once a few hundred of the die hard onliners get there quantities needed. Many retailers are stuck with boxes they may never sell.
2 cents as always.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Quote Originally Posted by ThreeJsCCigar View Post
Soli, & Sin, We Have Never Required a Purchase to make another purchase. The last 2 Monster releases we made more than fair. We created a lottery. If you called in and gave us your information, you received 1 lottery ticket. If you posted on our word press up to 5xs you could rec. up to 5 Free additional lottery entries. The last way to get more lottery tickets was to purchase other none limited release Tatuaje items (which we gave a box discount ) as well as an additional Free cigar On Us in every order. If you purchased a box it gave you 10 free additional lottery tickets. But, to date we have never forced you to buy box to buy another box. We push to make things fair for everyone and would never ask anyone to do such. Sorry for the confusion if you were under that impression.
Thanks guys,
Jeremy
Three Js Cigar Family

If you have any other questions please email or call
561-868-5600

Email: 3JCIgars@gmail.com

Quote from 3Js email from 10/16/2010

Ok Here is a Quick Deal!
The Last Of Our Stuff.............

Buy Any Box Of Tatuaje get 20% OFF The Box

You can then Buy A Box Of Limited Edition Tatuaje The Face.

(Down To Our Last Few Boxes!)

Your Boxes Will Ship Monday Call In Orders Only!

CALL IN ORDERS ONLY !

1-877-99-CIGAR
or
561-868-5600

Justin, Thanks bro. I knew I wasn't mistaken.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up guys. After their response and excuses I won't every use them. Have you all tried Just For Him in Springfield, Missouri? I got 2 boxes from them for $80.00 a piece.
Just fyi - We are currently sold out. Hoping for a second shipment - but no guarentees. We always preference local customers, but we are happy to mail order as well as ship out at least once a day.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hello, BOTL members. We apologize for the delay of the Little Monsters if you Pre-ordered with us. *We expected more due to our order with Tatuaje, and the said number of boxes to be produced. *We did run into a few issues, our first was an IT problem with our emails which has been repaired. *The second issue was Our 1Box Per Person Limit. *We unfortunately, *had clients try to purchase multiple boxes 2,3,4,7 and even 9 boxes. *We set the 1 box minimum so everyone can have a chance to get a box. We *stand behind our cigars and do everything we can to provide Great cigars and great service to all of our clients. If for any reason you are unsatisfied please let us know and we will make it right. My name is Jeremy and I am the Owner of Three Js Cigar, please feel free to email me for any reason at 3JCigars@gmail.com and we will make sure your taken care of and happy.*
*In regards to Pre-Orders they are just that. We charge you in advance, as do most shops to make sure your box is reserved once it arrives. *If you have a better suggestions please advise we will gladly consider, to make it easier for everyone. *
We had another wave of Monsters go out today. *The orders we're processed by date, please check your email and or spam folder for your tracking information via USPS.com. *We have some additional boxes that will be going out tomorrow July 3,2012 and a final wave going out next Wednesday. *We ask that everyone be patient and we will get your ordered filled. *If by chance you ordered multiple boxes we will send a single box and you have the option to get the difference refunded or purchase other cigars. We will call all multibox orders by end of day tomorrow and await your request.
I hope this update helps answer any questions, and once again we do apologize for the delay to all of our BOTL Friends. *

In Smoke,
Jeremy Fedoruk
Three Js Cigar Family

561-868-5600
Personal Email: 3JCigars@gmail.com*

Hi
I was more interested in a bundle of the Mexican tats but ordered those and the little monsters. Now you call and said you only had a fiver. I could have bought a five pack many times and wanted a box/bundle. I left you a message to just cancel. It kinda sucks to wait this long when any chance of getting one now is on the secondary market.

You said you didn't charge my card I will have to spend some time checking this but I will not be using you again or recommending either. I left a message since the phone went straight to voice mail.

Dave

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hi
I was more interested in a bundle of the Mexican tats but ordered those and the little monsters. Now you call and said you only had a fiver. I could have bought a five pack many times and wanted a box/bundle. I left you a message to just cancel. It kinda sucks to wait this long when any chance of getting one now is on the secondary market.

You said you didn't charge my card I will have to spend some time checking this but I will not be using you again or recommending either. I left a message since the phone went straight to voice mail.

Dave
Hey man check out http://www.rockyscigars.com/catalog.asp?prodid=752193 they still have your mexican tats in bundles with free shipping not sure if you wanted the robustos or toros though!

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Out of the 10,000 boxes, how many are out right now?

Man was I like this back in 08?????? Such nonsense for cigars that are really just par to be honest. I will say this. Wether guys don't like the upfront charges, I don't blame any retailer for doing this. (Especially on these LE cigars) The way guys act about these cigars, thinking they'll be gone tomorrow, I'm sure many people ordered or were put on multy retailer lists. Then as soon as one retailer gets them in a day or 2 early, everyone places a order with them. 2 days later the rest of the B&Ms receive their orders only to be told by half or more of the preorders that they no longer need boxes. . Instead of trying to sell 10 boxes left after preorders. They now have 40 or 50 still at their locations...... Once a few hundred of the die hard onliners get there quantities needed. Many retailers are stuck with boxes they may never sell.
2 cents as always.
First of all, I didn't order from 3J's, I don't know who they are, and don't plan on ever ordering from them anyways. That said, I can see the concern with this. While part of it is certainly people antsy over getting the newest LE/HTF stick as soon as possible, the other part is 3J's not being clear with their procedure. If I was told I'd be in the first wave of shipments, I'd be absolutely furious about this right now. For me it's not about actually being in the first wave or not, it would be about what I was told, versus what is happening. If a company is going to lie about the when, then what's next? I'd feel extremely uncomfortable that they even had my credit card information at that point. If they had charged my card and told me I'd have it on the first round-I'd be calling my CC company and getting the charges refunded for not giving me what I was promised.

To your point about being worked up over the HTF aspect of it-I'm with you. It's an interesting release. I've bought a box of every single Monster release, and I enjoy getting them each time. It's the ONLY cigar related thing I collect. That said, when expendable income was tight and these came out-I certainly didn't lose any sleep over the thought that I might not get them. It's still a luxury item that the lack of won't affect my life in any measurable form.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I didn't mind waiting, but I was told I was going to be in the first wave. Then I received an email from Jeremy saying that they only received 50 of their 150 boxes. The next batch would be a week later. Well, a week went by and nothing. Sent another email a few days after, asking about the 5er of Mexican experiments, being charged for them, and when are they expecting their next batch of LM's. Jeremy responded "If you placed your order online That was to place it. If you ordered by phone then it went out. Hope that helps... Check your spam for USPS.com shipping email." None of my questions were answered and I'm still scratching my head. I don't mind waiting, but if I order something and told I'll get it by X, I want it by X especially since I've been charged for it. 6:16 EST and still no phone call from 3JC's......