What's new

Little Boris

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
These are fantastic. Pete and Casper were at an event and we got a sample. If you don't' like em, let me know and I'll take whatever you have left. G1
How do these compare to the original boris? One thing that I am missing from all Tatuaje is the crazy sweet flavor that I got out of fresh Boris, SW Maddies, and Regios Reserva Maddies.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
How do these compare to the original boris? One thing that I am missing from all Tatuaje is the crazy sweet flavor that I got out of fresh Boris, SW Maddies, and Regios Reserva Maddies.
You know funny you mention that. Its been a while since I smoked my last Boris but this did have that funky sweetness to it. Was thinking it would have been stronger by the looks of it but nice and that underlying funky sweetness. My friend who never smoked an original Boris said the same thing. He thought it was going to be spicy peppery from the get go and he says, you know there's an undertone of almost molasses. I'll have to light up a regios reserva to see if its similar. Its been a while since I've smoked one of them as well, luckily still have a few left. G1

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey Jay Long time bro! What are they calling them over at the Matador? G1
Hey Tak. Yeah I had to take a couple of months off from the boards due to a non stop travel schedule for work. He's telling people they're a special release Tat but he told me what they were and why he had them.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm a little surprised they did not use the Lil' Monster boxes with different lettering and graphics. Still cool though. In the end, who care, it's about the cigar.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
You know funny you mention that. Its been a while since I smoked my last Boris but this did have that funky sweetness to it. Was thinking it would have been stronger by the looks of it but nice and that underlying funky sweetness. My friend who never smoked an original Boris said the same thing. He thought it was going to be spicy peppery from the get go and he says, you know there's an undertone of almost molasses. I'll have to light up a regios reserva to see if its similar. Its been a while since I've smoked one of them as well, luckily still have a few left. G1
That is interesting, because I get that underlying sweetness with almost all of Pete's cigars that he uses that Sumatra wrapper on (Bombazo CE, NHC CE etc).... one of the reasons I love just about anything he uses it with...

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I'm a little surprised they did not use the Lil' Monster boxes with different lettering and graphics. Still cool though. In the end, who care, it's about the cigar.
Well, it is technically one of his Exclusive Series (i.e. exclusive to one shop), which is why he is using the new box (same graphics as the DD) and the Exclusive series band (with the "CCC" in it)...He is trying to put sticks into "series", so any singles store release will have the same band (with something inside the white oval part), the "Limited Series" will all have the same bands, and will be for prerelease of regular production (i.e. Avion 12) or Regional editions (i.e. Mexican experiment and TF 114)...

Having said that, there are always exceptions...for example, the NHC Capa Especial (2012) uses the "Limited Series" band, despite the fact that it is most definitely a Single Store Exclusive...perhaps Pete just had extra "Limited" bands, or there is some reason for it that we don't know.... **shrug**

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
This months gonna be killer on the checkbook! Little monsters, little boris (which is awesome!), looking at picking up some UF4's as well as Ratzillas in Chitown this coming weekend at the herf. Good thing my wife gave me a little "play" with my Bday. Just hoping nothing else rears its evil head so to speak for at least a few weeks! G1
Seems like every month for me.:cbig::cbig:

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Got my order in!!! Thanks for the info guys. Boris has to be my favorite tat by far and would buy 10 boxes of these little ones if I could.