What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
LOL Nice One ! - I have like 4 joke flavor wheels here. None of them have "novacaine" as one of the flavor suggestions.
Although I must say it was very gracious of the dog rocket to numb you , right at the beginning..

extra props for nubbin that shit !

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I put it off all weekend, so now it's time to smoke the challenge stick

View attachment 96708

Hard to see in this pic, but it looks like this baby has a pre-punched hole in the end. Not a good sign of things to come...

View attachment 96709

...But I'm smoking it anyway. I clipped the head with my Xikar double guillotine, and the pre-light draw yeilded nothing noteworthy. I light it and don't get much taste initially, although there's some stank coming off the foot as it burns.

My first few puffs are flavorless, then I get a massive blast of taste in my mouth that is just like that "kinda sweet but also kinda medicine-y" taste that you get when you're at the dentist and he's injecting Novocain or something into your gums. Definitely the first time I've ever tasted this in a cigar.

As the first third progresses, the flavor is either mellowing or I'm getting used to it quickly, but it's constant presence makes me wonder if it's infused...? Certainly not as strong as an Acid or anything, but there's definitely something there... At about the end of the first third, I think I'm ready to guess what it is, but I'll save it for the end of the review. Grabbing a Natty Light to pair with it, although if it's what I think it is, a 40 oz bottle of St. Ides would probably be more appropriate.

Moving into the 2nd third, not much change in the flavor profile, but the ash hasn't fallen off yet and looks surprisingly tight. I was hoping to see how long I could keep it going, but it finally fell shortly after this pic:

View attachment 96713

I'm a little over halfway now, the draw has opened up and the same flavor is still there, maybe with a slightly sour element to it but overall, it's still not that far off from what it established as the main flavor in the first third. The ash is getting a little flaky now, I'm thinking I should put on some Limp Bizkit, and beginning to wonder if I'm a horrible person for sending out all those mystery dog rockets to you guys.

I let it go out while rocking out to Fred Durst around the 2/3 mark, but it's burning again now and still "rollin' rollin' rollin'" with the same flavor as before, and somehow leaving me with the feeling that I should have done something more with my life. As the burn line nears the white "challenge" band, it's starting to look like I'm gonna be smoking paper soon, but the band slides off the head end so I keep going. I had my eyes on a LAT earlier this evening, but I guess that's just gonna have to wait...

I'm at about an inch left with this thing, and it refuses to go out... it still doesn't taste great, but at least the burn is now pretty darn nice. But after a few more puffs, I'm done.

View attachment 96714

@EO80 I'm feeling pretty confident about this, and I'm guessing it was a Phillies Blunt - am I right?
Noble guess. But no, it is not a blunt. You just smoked the very last of a bag of Trader Jacks Kickin Cigars that I bought about 4 or 5 years ago when i first started smoking cigars regularly. So you were correct thinking there was an infusion, just a light bit of rum.
Glad the burn was so good. I would have hated for you to not get to enjoy the whole thing! Thanks again for playing. I still need to burn the last roulette stick from @Bondo 440 's big bag o' rockets.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Although I must say it was very gracious of the dog rocket to numb you , right at the beginning..
Yeah, it didn't give me any Vicodin for the road, but it also didn't knock me out with Nitrous and touch my dirty parts or anything, so it's a wash.

I still need to burn the last roulette stick from @Bondo 440 's big bag o' rockets.
Hey I got a couple of those too - let's burn 'em for a v-herf! Anybody else sitting on roulette sticks?

Also, damn! I totally had that pegged as a Phillies...

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Yeah, it didn't give me any Vicodin for the road, but it also didn't knock me out with Nitrous and touch my dirty parts or anything, so it's a wash.

Hey I got a couple of those too - let's burn 'em for a v-herf! Anybody else sitting on roulette sticks?

Also, damn! I totally had that pegged as a Phillies...
We need to herf again. I need updated on situations. Perhaps tomorrow?

konmtu

CRA #100012823
Rating - 100%
31   0   0

Ok. I've waited long enough. It's time. Just as I was thinking it was dangerous smoking this alone, my buddy shows up. Now there will be someone on hand to revive me if things go sideways.
The construction was good. It is solid. I am worried that this stick is going to take forever to burn.
Conversing with my friend distracts me, but it did get tastes of cedar and a nice nutty flavor. There wasn't any changes through the transitions, however. It was very one note. I am. guessing it was some kind of Alec Bradley stick like a Pre-Embargo or Lineage.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
As primised, i am now sitting in the backyard smoking roullete stick #5. I believe this came from @Bondo 440's bag of tricks. This was chosen for me by my wife because it was the biggest stick in the bag. ( hmmmm)
Anyway, i am very tired from a couple weeks of very long days at work and a little loopy. So i figure what the hell, if its horrible i am tired enough that i may not notice.
For starters, its a giant 6x60 or larger. Slight pepper to the prelight draw but not bad really. Took almost a can of butane for this beast but it is lit and smoking pretty well. The pepper faded very quickly and actually brought on a creamy leather/cedar. Pretty pleasant actually. I think i picked a winner.
Time will tell though. Still in the first third.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
As primised, i am now sitting in the backyard smoking roullete stick #5. I believe this came from @Bondo 440's bag of tricks. This was chosen for me by my wife because it was the biggest stick in the bag. ( hmmmm)
Anyway, i am very tired from a couple weeks of very long days at work and a little loopy. So i figure what the hell, if its horrible i am tired enough that i may not notice.
For starters, its a giant 6x60 or larger. Slight pepper to the prelight draw but not bad really. Took almost a can of butane for this beast but it is lit and smoking pretty well. The pepper faded very quickly and actually brought on a creamy leather/cedar. Pretty pleasant actually. I think i picked a winner.
Time will tell though. Still in the first third.

Fingers crossed for ya, brother - you deserve a winner after smoking that Factory 59, lol

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Well, it would appear that i survived this one. There was not much transition that i saw. It did loose the creamy notes that made way to a slightly harsher leather and i will attribute that to smoking a little too fast. All in all not a bad smoke. I would smoke this again, perhaps in a smaller vitola.
So that leaves the million dollar question.... @Bondo 440, what did i just smoke?