What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm having more fun reading through this thread from the beginning than I have had in a while! Some of the reviews are comedy GOLD!!!
Anybody that is willing to subject themselves to this kind of abuse has got to have a good sense of humor.
And of course it was all in the name of entertainment. Glad you are enjoying it.

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not much different than in this part of the world when about 1/3 of the people you know make moonshine and insist that you try their newest creations. Many times you get something wonderful :love:....many others you get something akin to a mixture of cat piss, low grade gasoline and stump water :vomit:. BUT no matter how bad an experience you have ever had, morbid curiosity makes you keep on trying new creations. :) It's just the human nature of we males of the species.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Ok, so it has been a couple days since i have been able to sit back and enjoy a cigar. So what do i do? Lets just grab this roulette stick "f" and see what happens.
This is a very veiny bastard. The wrap is kind of ugly, like a home roller just starting out. The cap was ugly but i got a pretty clean cut on it. Still keep getting loose tobacco in my mouth. Always the sign of a remarkable cigar.
The flavor i am getting off this reminds me of the smell of latex paint. If this turns out to be a good stick i will be surprised.
More to come...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah. I had a fiver of them, they weren't necessarily bad.... Just a weird cigar. Like it doesn't know what it want's taste like or something.. I dunno o_O

That was a Number 59 Factory Throwout from the humidor room of my local cigarette/vape/bong shop, sold on silver platters as seen here
LOL Dog Rockets on a Silver Platter !!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The box came home today, thus wrapping up our 3rd box pass! Big thanks to all those who participated and to everyone for keeping this fun, and a shout out to all the new guys who've found this thread and are laughing along with us - keep watching this thread, as round 4 will likely be here soon and shouldn't suffer the delay that this one did.

Also, a big thanks to @Bondo 440 for helping get DRR going this time around, and to @EO80 for sneaking a "dirty bomb esque" bag in there - some smokes that I'm sure to enjoy, and 1 with a blank band marked "challenge" - yeah, I'll smoke it - how can I not? There were some DRR sticks left - 2 from Bondo's bag, which I'll smoke, and 2 from my bag - 1 of which I'll smoke and enjoy, and 1 that went straight in the trash because I know what it was. The Casa Garcia isn't fooling anyone, lol

Stay tuned as I presumably sacrifice my taste buds for your entertainment this weekend!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
You guys are going to love my parenting skills: today my son told me (took about 50 trys to figure out what he was saying (he's not quite three years old), then he asked 50 times afterwards) that he wants more "rocket jellies!"
Your son is in luck - I found new flavors of rocket jellies today when I took my daughter out shopping :ROFLMAO:

Serious though, that IS good parenting - bonding time with your kiddo, and he's happy and laughing? That's a win all around (y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The box came home today, thus wrapping up our 3rd box pass! Big thanks to all those who participated and to everyone for keeping this fun, and a shout out to all the new guys who've found this thread and are laughing along with us - keep watching this thread, as round 4 will likely be here soon and shouldn't suffer the delay that this one did.

Also, a big thanks to @Bondo 440 for helping get DRR going this time around, and to @EO80 for sneaking a "dirty bomb esque" bag in there - some smokes that I'm sure to enjoy, and 1 with a blank band marked "challenge" - yeah, I'll smoke it - how can I not? There were some DRR sticks left - 2 from Bondo's bag, which I'll smoke, and 2 from my bag - 1 of which I'll smoke and enjoy, and 1 that went straight in the trash because I know what it was. The Casa Garcia isn't fooling anyone, lol

Stay tuned as I presumably sacrifice my taste buds for your entertainment this weekend!
No mention of the fancy footband i put on that challenge stick?
And i hope you enjoy it!
But for real, thank you for organizing this and thanks to everyone for playing along with us. Some people just don't get us, but our sick twisted minds do.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I put it off all weekend, so now it's time to smoke the challenge stick

challenger1.JPG

Hard to see in this pic, but it looks like this baby has a pre-punched hole in the end. Not a good sign of things to come...

challenger2.JPG

...But I'm smoking it anyway. I clipped the head with my Xikar double guillotine, and the pre-light draw yeilded nothing noteworthy. I light it and don't get much taste initially, although there's some stank coming off the foot as it burns.

My first few puffs are flavorless, then I get a massive blast of taste in my mouth that is just like that "kinda sweet but also kinda medicine-y" taste that you get when you're at the dentist and he's injecting Novocain or something into your gums. Definitely the first time I've ever tasted this in a cigar.

As the first third progresses, the flavor is either mellowing or I'm getting used to it quickly, but it's constant presence makes me wonder if it's infused...? Certainly not as strong as an Acid or anything, but there's definitely something there... At about the end of the first third, I think I'm ready to guess what it is, but I'll save it for the end of the review. Grabbing a Natty Light to pair with it, although if it's what I think it is, a 40 oz bottle of St. Ides would probably be more appropriate.

Moving into the 2nd third, not much change in the flavor profile, but the ash hasn't fallen off yet and looks surprisingly tight. I was hoping to see how long I could keep it going, but it finally fell shortly after this pic:

challenger3.JPG

I'm a little over halfway now, the draw has opened up and the same flavor is still there, maybe with a slightly sour element to it but overall, it's still not that far off from what it established as the main flavor in the first third. The ash is getting a little flaky now, I'm thinking I should put on some Limp Bizkit, and beginning to wonder if I'm a horrible person for sending out all those mystery dog rockets to you guys.

I let it go out while rocking out to Fred Durst around the 2/3 mark, but it's burning again now and still "rollin' rollin' rollin'" with the same flavor as before, and somehow leaving me with the feeling that I should have done something more with my life. As the burn line nears the white "challenge" band, it's starting to look like I'm gonna be smoking paper soon, but the band slides off the head end so I keep going. I had my eyes on a LAT earlier this evening, but I guess that's just gonna have to wait...

I'm at about an inch left with this thing, and it refuses to go out... it still doesn't taste great, but at least the burn is now pretty darn nice. But after a few more puffs, I'm done.

challenger4.JPG

@EO80 I'm feeling pretty confident about this, and I'm guessing it was a Phillies Blunt - am I right?