What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah. This is not Jeremy's. I'll get some pics up in a bit. I'm on the 3/3.
This isn't a bad cheap cigar. Maybe because it was aged so well. The wrapper was really yellow. I imagine 4 years.
That was a bit concerning, because that means sitting in a humidor during a couple thousand opportunities, never being chosen.
1009am

Cut and pre-draw ok. Cold sniff revealed light barnyard including the pee smell, which isn't necessarily a bad thing,
I've noticed this on some wet Connecticut's ROTT that need to get down to 65RH.

Build and ash was good. An easy, full response to the light-up, nice and quick launch.
First ash I knocked off at almost 2"

1030am

1036am
That was a great suggestion to pair with Cool-Aid. I was close. Power-Aid

The taste I'm gonna have to think about. Right now it's just single-note character, no transitions.
Retro-hale no nightmares. Not a nutty or spice hint or anything. Just smokes like an aged Vegas5 Gold. Just like it smelled.
1110am (at finish)

I'll be back with picks maybe I can detail more on the flavor profile.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Editing done. Pics up.
Well, No ambulances. But I get a poop ! I may smoke another Rocket sometime after lunch.
These come in those cheap CI or Famous 20x bundles, I believe.
Whoever added this to the tour, Thanks ! A nice cheap cigar adventure.
Just finished mowing and got some errands to run, but thos evening i will light my mystery stick!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
@Bondo 440 Is that a real route 66 panel? Or some tourist replica?
Half yes, half no. It is a reproduction highway sign. But I actually got it at the Route 66 Auto Museum. ON rt66 in Santa Rosa. I sat with the owners after walking through the place.
I did not realize untill back from vaction a few weeks later, that you could buy them on eBlay. I hit myself in the head because I could have easily had the owners sign it !

I Also spent time at the Billy The Kid Museum on #66 in Fort Sumner NM.
Hung out with proprieter Don Sweet for about an hour that day. He had a lot of stories. Nice folk over there.

Last edited:

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Half yes, half no. It is a reproduction highway sign. But I actually got it at the Route 66 Auto Museum. ON rt66 in Santa Rosa. I sat with the owners after walking through the place.
I did not realize untill back from vaction a few weeks later, that you could buy them on eBlay. I hit myself in the head because I could have easily had the owners sign it !

I Also spent time at the Billy The Kid Museum on #66 in Fort Sumner NM.
Hung out with proprieter Don Sweet for about an hour that day. He had a lot of stories. Nice folk over there.
Yeah I remember you talking about it once!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Ok, here we go with original drp mystery stick H-1 from the big dog himself. It was the last one in the bag when it arrived here so fate had it set for me.
The look is not bad, a small chip in the wrapper on the foot and a couple snags under the band, but nothing all the way through. Smell is sweet, and cold draw reveals more sweet notes. Almost a flavor of what sweet oats you would give to a horse smell like. The cold draw is also like a straw. You know the giant ones you get with an iced coffee.
Light this bad boy up and it tightens to a regular straw. Not so bad. The sweet stuck around for the first couple draws to give me hope, then faded quick. More of just a mineral type flavor that i am having a hard time pinpointing.
Lets get into this and see where it takes us...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Bah I don't like stolen signs. That's illegal. But I like decommissioned ones.... Lol
well, this one's decommissioned now, dambit LOL
.. meanwhile...
I smoked two rockets today. I think the second unbranded E-6 box press was a challenege stick. If I can guess what is do I get a gloden poop?
It's close to a Nica Libre, but it's not. Writeup on my second rocket of the day soon. That's Glory, Bitches.

And congradulations are in order. We have so many awards this pass, for the first time ever, I have reached the 30 image post limit ( on a single comment ) for our awards.
To get around the limitation, The first eight players are now a single image. We can update it if something changes.

NMPokerDealer

bwhite220

Eo80

gobison

multi-useless

Avvatar

Tug197

Bondo 440

Opie
mitetak
ZippoGeek

Last edited: