What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mmmm the infamous A Crap Polyester Fabrica. Where do I begin?
-Aroma-It basically smells like a moldy barnyard would, I imagine. The fact that people actually buy these - our little pass notwithstanding - to enjoy them, truly blows my mind. I can fully understand a yard-gar but I think this is a much lower level. Anyway......
-Cold draw- is old, stale wood. Not as bad as I would have assumed but better than expected? I guess? Then again, this thing isn't on fire yet, so there is that. Upon cutting, I rejoiced because it was almost completely plugged. One perfecdraw poke didn't do anything, so I thought to myself, "if I try again and it doesn't help, straight in the dumpster it goes." Second try opened it up just enough.....shit!!!

20190611_222429.jpg
-1st third- upon lighting, I feel like I'm puffing on some kind of cardboard/plywood composite with a hint of cat piss. There's definitely some of that ammonia bitterness that you get from these "super premium" cigars. That's basically it. I'm smoking a cardboard wrapped piece of plywood that my cat peed on.

20190611_223348.jpg
-2nd third - It's funny, I can normally tell if what I'm smoking is Nicaraguan/Dominican/Cuban/Etc. but this thing? No. Freaking. Clue. The cat piss remains but the flavor has changed in "complexity" to lose the plywood and instead include.....grass. No, not the the grass that my state decided to legalize, but the grass that is left in clumps on your lawn after mowing, when it's too wet to mow, but you'll get a ticket from code enforcement if you put it off another week, so you mow it anyway. Yeah, I might be THAT guy. I digress. So, wet green grassy cardboard soaked with cat piss. Yay. Not sure if that's better or worse than before. We'll call it a wash. I'm going to need mouth wash, that's for sure. Side note--if there's a positive, this thing is burning better than some $15 sticks I've smoked. Go figure. Must be a Monday PDR factory cigar. Maybe it's the polyester fabrica? Did I find the unicorn of A Crap construction?

20190611_230005.jpg
-3rd third and conclusion- Maybe I spoke too soon about good construction. Touch ups here we come! Thankfully, the cat piss has faded down to just a mild misting of flavor rather than a full on soaking like earlier. At this point, it's just slightly grassy cardboard with a hint of ammonia. Honestly, while it IS the worst thing I've smoked in my somewhat short cigar smoking career, I feel like the Preacher Special and/or Panama Red will take the crown back.

20190611_232731.jpg

Actually, now that I really think about it, this might be a step UP from the Rocky Patel Connecticut I got from CI in the first sampler I ever bought.....Jesus that thing was like smoking on pure Simple Green cleaner, I couldn't even smoke half of it. Alright boys, one down, three to go.........three more!?! What am I doing with my life?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Just wanted to leave this here.

It's not quite fair.

Lucky was a fan of the St-Louis Blues. He liked hockey and his team was just not that great, as he said. We had discussions on how they never achieved championship.

Now, he left this year. But now his team is playing 7th game in Stanley cup finale - tonight.
He would have had a blast.

If you follow this thread, watch the St-Louis/Boston game tonight and smoke a dog rocket.

Boston sucks.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just wanted to leave this here.

It's not quite fair.

Lucky was a fan of the St-Louis Blues. He liked hockey and his team was just not that great, as he said. We had discussions on how they never achieved championship.

Now, he left this year. But now his team is playing 7th game in Stanley cup finale - tonight.
He would have had a blast.

If you follow this thread, watch the St-Louis/Boston game tonight and smoke a dog rocket.

Boston sucks.
Fantastic observation, Yan. I am stuck 2000 miles from home without the ability to smoke while watching hockey tonight. And of course, did not bring any rockets with me. Somebody please post a pic of yourself watching the game smoking a Panama Red!
@multi-useless

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great Review of the infamous A-Crap Polyester Fabrica ! @habano-j ! I'll get your accomplishment points on the board tonight !
We need someone to add " cardboard/plywood composite with a hint of cat piss" to the official DRP flavor wheel.
It's funny, I was going to try to find that flavor wheel but then I decided I really didn't want to dig deeper into the flavors I was experiencing :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey @Bondo 440 , a funny thing happened last week. After I said you guys dodged a bullet, I realized I hadn't gotten a confirmation on my Famous order I placed. A few phone calls later, the order was discovered to be missing...

Fortunately, the stuff I wanted was still on sale. Oh, and so were the Conuco.
Better start making another badge...

15603648754416700914788646815349.jpg

I think the two on the left are melting the cellophane from the inside...