What's new

Mancave photo time!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Y'all have seen my shit before, but I just wanted to point out some of the unique features per the OP. The part I like best is that when I moved in, the garage was bare ass studs. I did the entire thing myself. Even hung the heater with pulleys and rope so I didn't need an extra set of hands.
View attachment 36415View attachment 36416View attachment 36417View attachment 36418View attachment 36427
Pic 1 - beside the Fluke Meter and laptop, there is a timer and speed control for 2 ceiling fans. Not much to show on this pic except all the tools and everything could come down and just leave three magnetic bars mounted on the slatwall. The slatwall doesn't come colored grey and red. Those are plastic strips you can buy. I did it to make it look cool, but it actually serves a better purpose as it hides the screws used to mount it.
Pic 2 - 45kW heater above the door. Budweiser Red Light under the TV. Set to activate light/horn when my teams scores a goal via the wifi. In wall L and R speakers and sub. To the right of the door, there is a sensor with 3 lights on it (green, amber and red) to tell my wife how close to park. Ok, I use it too. To the right of that, iPod dock. Below that Lync6 keypad controls music and TV volume to in wall speakers.
Bottom pic - dry bar. Actually was running a 1/4" water line to my fridge ice maker after the garage was finished. Decided that the best route to go was behind the TV. I have a false wall backing that sticks out about 3/8", just enough to run my water line behind there and the wall. The rest of the way, it runs in the slat of the slat wall so it is hidden all the way. Put a couple shelves in there and was wondering what to put there. Figured I already had the ice and mix in the fridge so all I was missing was booze and glasses. Now when company comes over, I don't have to go in the house to pour a drink. And even when company doesn't come over...
Pic 3 - shows the rest of the mess. Would be messier if not for slat wall and have all gardening shit on the floor.
Pic 4&5 - shows additional ways to utilize otherwise wasted space. More space equals a more comfortable smoking environment!

If any of you ever make it to ND, you got a place to smoke for sure. And maybe A_J will let you share the cot.

-KK33-
Love what you've done with the place, some very unique features that are all seamlessly integrated to the overall look of the garage. What is the black square with blue lights over the top of the door?
The binary clock! (geek - love it!)
Doug, I forgot so send you the pic of my watch. I haven't unpacked everything from our move yet, but I'll get it... :)

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Thx for the kind words fellas. Yes that is a binary clock, kinda geeky, but when you tell people it's a clock they usually give you a funny look.
HBP, I live in Minot, but have been all over the state for work and kids hockey.

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thx for the kind words fellas. Yes that is a binary clock, kinda geeky, but when you tell people it's a clock they usually give you a funny look.
HBP, I live in Minot, but have been all over the state for work and kids hockey.

-KK33-
Minot North Dakota?

Edit: just checked your profile. are you military brother?

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

-KK33-
Why not in minot?! Haha i lived in st John area. Almost exactly 1 mile south of the peace gardens and a mile east. Know any abrahamsons? I built pole barns all over that state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I know where that is. Been to the peace gardens a couple times. We go camping usually once a year at Lake Metigoshee. Nice place, almost makes you forget your still in North Dakota.
So being 1 mile away, you've undoubtedly been to Canada before?
I don't know any Abrahamsons. But the name sounds familiar.

-KK33-

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Yea we used to go up to Brandon to a restaurant called big Montana's. Damn good burgers! The guy i worked for was a sub contractor for good-on buildings. He is their number one guy. One of 2 crews that works through the winter.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Cool. I've been to Brandon quite a bit. Was there for 2 weeks when I did my NFPA 472 HazMat Technician course at the fire school. I don't mind the place and there some pretty good places to eat there yes.

-KK33-

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Cool. I've been to Brandon quite a bit. Was there for 2 weeks when I did my NFPA 472 HazMat Technician course at the fire school. I don't mind the place and there some pretty good places to eat there yes.

-KK33-
I loved it up there. Don't know why i ever moved back home here in Indiana. If it weren't for the kids I'd probably move back up there after this divorce is over. I know I've always got a job and a place to stay there.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
You guys have some awesome mancaves! Here is our garage turned Fratchelor Pad.

And the Tatuaje / Glassware collection will be moved in once we get it heated in there.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Damn Nick! Do you use the wheelchair to wheel in the passed out people back inside to the couch?!? LOL

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Damn Nick! Do you use the wheelchair to wheel in the passed out people back inside to the couch?!? LOL
Drunk wheelchair races down the street :blob: We have a life vest we put on passed out people. We named it the hoe saver because it keeps them safe.