What's new

Mancave photo time!

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Yup. I'm still trying to get used to it up here even after almost a year lol
Love the all wood, especially for a man cave or smoking area.
The kicker here is, I have to smoke outside on the deck (that's why the doors are open lol) idk why I can't smoke in there when half of it's going inside anyways lol

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Yup. I'm still trying to get used to it up here even after almost a year lol
Love the all wood, especially for a man cave or smoking area.
The kicker here is, I have to smoke outside on the deck (that's why the doors are open lol) idk why I can't smoke in there when half of it's going inside anyways lol
Dude that is one awesome man cave! Could you smoke in there of you got smoke filter machines?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are some awesome caves.

I use to smoke in my one car garage, but the smoke would find itself going upstairs and into the basement. Smoking outside in the winter just sucks and waiting for spring is worse
I broke down and built a cigar shed as my cave. It’s not complete, but complete enough for me to enjoy it on the weekends.
2013-10-20 15.27.09.jpgView attachment 36489View attachment 36485View attachment 36486View attachment 36487

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

I use to smoke in my one car garage, but the smoke would find itself going upstairs and into the basement. Smoking outside in the winter just sucks and waiting for spring is worse
I broke down and built a cigar shed as my cave. It’s not complete, but complete enough for me to enjoy it on the weekends.
View attachment 36488View attachment 36489View attachment 36485View attachment 36486View attachment 36487
Can I ask....how much did that whole project cost? It's like a dream of mine to have something like this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2013-08-20 18.07.13.jpg2013-10-12 12.53.34.jpg2013-09-02 09.46.12.jpg2013-10-18 10.40.09.jpg2013-09-14 14.19.29.jpg2013-10-02 16.17.23.jpg
You can build something like this for between 7 and 10k for a 10x12'. You can save on this if you plan it out. It depends on how much of the work you're willing to do yourself. Also, how much work you have to do to make a shed into a real living space. I spec-ed out an insulated floor, 40 amp service, re-roofed using ice and water shield, and installed vinyl windows. Basically, take everything you want into account and then add 30% and you should be close. There are a lot of things I would have done differently now that I've been through it, so if you're going to venture into building a cigar shed, let me know and I can run down the pitfalls I ran into so you can avoid them. On the upside, this is an awesome place. I use it every weekend and I have a friend of mine stop by and we watch a movie, have a good cigar, and a enjoy a glass or two of bourbon or rye.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
View attachment 36490View attachment 36494View attachment 36491View attachment 36495View attachment 36492View attachment 36493
You can build something like this for between 7 and 10k for a 10x12'. You can save on this if you plan it out. It depends on how much of the work you're willing to do yourself. Also, how much work you have to do to make a shed into a real living space. I spec-ed out an insulated floor, 40 amp service, re-roofed using ice and water shield, and installed vinyl windows. Basically, take everything you want into account and then add 30% and you should be close. There are a lot of things I would have done differently now that I've been through it, so if you're going to venture into building a cigar shed, let me know and I can run down the pitfalls I ran into so you can avoid them. On the upside, this is an awesome place. I use it every weekend and I have a friend of mine stop by and we watch a movie, have a good cigar, and a enjoy a glass or two of bourbon or rye.
Well it looks great. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be looking into this more!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
CCMax nice build brother. Curious to what u would do different? Let the brothers know. I'm curious as well. But nice finish work brother! It's a beauty of a thing isn't it!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
65   0   0

View attachment 36488View attachment 36489View attachment 36485View attachment 36486View attachment 36487

How big is that fan?

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Its not exactly my "man cave" but I consider it my favorite place to have a cigar and just sit and do nothing. This is my cabin in the woods, it is a 14x32' storage shed that was mennonite built and delivered. I went to work on the inside and finished it off. I DO NOT smoke in my house cabin or vehicles, but thats just me. So anyway, this is my shack that I spend time and smoke. Oh yeah, no electricity and a mile off the main road, gas stove and lots of candles and lanterns for light. I have a crapper and installed a sewer system and use a tank filled with water and gravity flow for the crapper.
IMG_0884.jpg
DSCN0664.jpgDSCN0662.jpg

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Its not exactly my "man cave" but I consider it my favorite place to have a cigar and just sit and do nothing. This is my cabin in the woods, it is a 14x32' storage shed that was mennonite built and delivered. I went to work on the inside and finished it off. I DO NOT smoke in my house cabin or vehicles, but thats just me. So anyway, this is my shack that I spend time and smoke. Oh yeah, no electricity and a mile off the main road, gas stove and lots of candles and lanterns for light. I have a crapper and installed a sewer system and use a tank filled with water and gravity flow for the crapper.
View attachment 36542
View attachment 36540View attachment 36541
I think I just fell in love. Griz that is a place beauty good sir I am super jealous.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
View attachment 36542
View attachment 36540View attachment 36541
Paradise. Great job Griz

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Awesome photos! Ive been jealous of jfires setup for some time, mostly for dedication and attention to detail. I will visit one day!

My family recently put an addition on there house above the garage that they put a ventilation system in on a whim so my step-dad could smoke in. I convinced him to make a run at a full blown setup into... we will see where it goes. Power of persuasion from a far is difficult but I will get it done. Then Ill have a home-away-from-home that I can visit and smoke at, gotta make time for family right? :)