What's new

McClelland Dieing off??

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I can't remember if it's already been mentioned or not, but Butera is also made by McC. I've never tried any, but the Butera collaboration with Germain produced Esoterica, Pelican and Kingfisher - so their work with McC is likely pretty, pretty, pretty good....
They are, butera matured ribbon, golden cake and dark stoved are very good high quality mcc leaf

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nording hunters blends were made by mcclelland and still in stock on the web if one is so inclined to get them before they are gone.....
I know the Labrador mix is good.
I just got 5 tins of that one. I enjoy it even though it’s an aro. Smokingpipes has ample stock of all except beagle I think....

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I only bought 4 tins. My Quasi local b and m had some last time was there , I can check if you want . Illl be back there eventually
No worries! I’m just messing with you! As much as I want to try the rest of the nording line, I skipped out on it in fear I’d enjoy it and would be unable to get more. And I refuse to pay any sort of absurd fleabay prices.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve smoked from them so far.

Me too. Everything I've ever tried from Peretti's has been excellent.

Oh that reminds me they have a "new" straight Virginia blend listed on the site - RCTR. Only one review on tobaccoreviews.com and I'm very curious to try it. Wish I'd thought to grab a sample when I bought my Oxford Flake

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
IMG_6099.JPG
As big as it will ever get. When I got the news I didn’t even bother to check stock anywhere. With how FVF once was and other tobacco it’s just madness. If I come across a tin in an B&M I might get it. McClelland was my favorite tobacco company. No nonsense, no hype, and it was unique in flavor (for the Va’s). Funny because a few years ago there was so much hate for the scent of their Va’s. Now I bet it will be considered a mark of quality, maybe not.
With all that being said they did it right. The whole better to burn out than to fade away. Now it seems it’s up to C&D to carry the torch for America based American blends.

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 110266
As big as it will ever get. When I got the news I didn’t even bother to check stock anywhere. With how FVF once was and other tobacco it’s just madness. If I come across a tin in an B&M I might get it. McClelland was my favorite tobacco company. No nonsense, no hype, and it was unique in flavor (for the Va’s). Funny because a few years ago there was so much hate for the scent of their Va’s. Now I bet it will be considered a mark of quality, maybe not.
With all that being said they did it right. The whole better to burn out than to fade away. Now it seems it’s up to C&D to carry the torch for America based American blends.
Over a year of reading learning and asking questions I stumble upon an interview where mclellands was say8ng how a straight Va tobacco should never taste like a barn or hay or grass.
Made sense to me. Their fresh stuff though had a distinctive aroma and flavor and if the long term reviews are correct it blossoms with some age into something magnificent.
Sadly many of us may never know thanks to the inability to acquire proper leaf to keep production going.
Certainly one can only hope moving forward C&D or Mac Baren or someone will see a huge void and make some kind of effort to fill it.
Random Sunday thought that is all.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Over a year of reading learning and asking questions I stumble upon an interview where mclellands was say8ng how a straight Va tobacco should never taste like a barn or hay or grass.
Made sense to me. Their fresh stuff though had a distinctive aroma and flavor and if the long term reviews are correct it blossoms with some age into something magnificent.
Sadly many of us may never know thanks to the inability to acquire proper leaf to keep production going.
Certainly one can only hope moving forward C&D or Mac Baren or someone will see a huge void and make some kind of effort to fill it.
Random Sunday thought that is all.
Yes. I read the same one. He said that inferior Va would not get better with age and they were able to source quality orientals as well. That being said Va # 24 was my favorite. I have some from 94 that I picked up off pipestud. When smoked slow it tastes like eggnog, crazy but it’s complex and really great. 2015 and the straight Va offerings will be missed the most. Everything else I can find replacements elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yes. I read the same one. He said that inferior Va would not get better with age and they were able to source quality orientals as well. That being said Va # 24 was my favorite. I have some from 94 that I picked up off pipestud. When smoked slow it tastes like eggnog, crazy but it’s complex and really great. 2015 and the straight Va offerings will be missed the most. Everything else I can find replacements elsewhere.
Well said, for me it’s #24 and #27 . Bought several fresh cans each among their other blends .