What's new

Meerschaum March Madness

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
On a different yet related note - I get the sense that this is the first time a lot of us have smoked a Meer (or, in my case, *about* to).

Are any of you noticing a difference in the experience with the pipe itself? Does the clay chamber/bowl stay warmer? Does the tobacco have an easier or harder time staying lit? Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Curious on your thoughts about the pipe material itself.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
On a different yet related note - I get the sense that this is the first time a lot of us have smoked a Meer (or, in my case, *about* to).
Are any of you noticing a difference in the experience with the pipe itself? Does the clay chamber/bowl stay warmer? Does the tobacco have an easier or harder time staying lit? Yadda, yadda, yadda...
Curious on your thoughts about the pipe material itself.
I'm only three bowls in, but I'm finding it VERY easy to smoke. Staying lit. Draws are cool and dry. Can't really feel my fingers most mornings, so I've got nothing for you in terms of bowl temp...
Granted, I've also now decided to smoke as many new blends as possible this month so I won't have a true frame of reference. But, so far, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'm only three bowls in, but I'm finding it VERY easy to smoke. Staying lit. Draws are cool and dry. Can't really feel my fingers most mornings, so I've got nothing for you in terms of bowl temp...
Granted, I've also now decided to smoke as many new blends as possible this month so I won't have a true frame of reference. But, so far, I'm pleasantly surprised!
Good to know - mine is just sitting there, calling to me with its siren song…

I haven't even decided what the inaugural tobacco will be. English? Virginia? Aro? Some Frog Morton Cellar? Dunhill Nightcap? Molto Dolce? Sleepy Hollow?

Maybe I need to put a poll in the field and let the brothers decide for me.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Good to know - mine is just sitting there, calling to me with its siren song…

I haven't even decided what the inaugural tobacco will be. English? Virginia? Aro? Some Frog Morton Cellar? Dunhill Nightcap? Molto Dolce? Sleepy Hollow?

Maybe I need to put a poll in the field and let the brothers decide for me.
MS River has become my go to.
I say after your celebratory first smoke, get in to some of those we've sent that you haven't tried yet!