What's new

Meerschaum March Madness

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Ha! Well, that's when that review was from then!
You tell ME, it was on YOUR wishlist.
I'm getting around to it!!!! You saw the bomb pic in the Winter Pass thread - all those jars and unopened tins. Plus, there are several more tins that are in a pegboard basket and a couple of 8 ounce tins behind that glass jar/canister (containing my aro samples) and two full 1 gallon Ziploc bags that you can't see containing my English and my Virginia samples.

I'm only one man! LOL :pompous:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I'm getting around to it!!!! You saw the bomb pic in the Winter Pass thread - all those jars and unopened tins. Plus, there are several more tins that are in a pegboard basket and a couple of 8 ounce tins behind that glass jar/canister (containing my aro samples) and two full 1 gallon Ziploc bags that you can't see containing my English and my Virginia samples.

I'm only one man! LOL ompous:
Ha! Right on! I'm right there with ya. Could probably smoke a different sample every day for months without repeating one, majority I haven't even tried, and yet I still keep going back to many of the same ones just out of convenience...
Maybe I should add that aspect to this month, as well - predominantly "new to me" blends!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Ha! Right on! I'm right there with ya. Could probably smoke a different sample every day for months without repeating one, majority I haven't even tried, and yet I still keep going back to many of the same ones just out of convenience...
Maybe I should add that aspect to this month, as well - predominantly "new to me" blends!
And then when you add the cigar count to the mix... my wife is right, I probably have enough for a decade.

Not that that little fact will enter into my purchasing decision-making!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

This thing is a beast. We're talking bear paw @Griz or @K Williams Boswell pipe proportions!
(shown above with a MM, Sav 310, Sav 320, & BOTL 2014 pipe for reference)
Easily the largest pipe I own, and probably won't be doing much clenching although the meerschaum is remarkably light...

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Me too!
This was a new tobacco for me and I was expecting a wet goopy mess, but it smoked cool and dry, down to the ash. Hope that's an indication of future performance as well...
Clint- you had asked for tips- couple from my experience- don't overload and darken the rim of the bowl like I have done and secondly, when the meer starts to get hot handle it by the stem.