What's new

Meerschaum March Madness

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
So I don't screw this up tomorrow; Any words of wisdom for a brand new meer? Dos and don'ts?
I know, I know better, I'm going to go search a bit!
But still...?
I think it's a great place to ask and be answered, I don't think I can white glove my meer all month....lol

I don't have much to offer other than, they're fragile, mine has some stem issues that need repair, but that's how it came

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
@ Clint, pretty much came like this, has darkened a little but most of what u see is how I received it

I am curious to see how it will change though, I'm going to commit to it this month

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Gives it character, I doubt my changes will be eventful since it already has some color, going to shoot for 1-2 bowls a day for the remainder of the month, I'll either love it or hate it by the time were done dancing lol

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Well, I've got mine ordered.
Should be here Monday or Tuesday, coming in direct from Turkey!
:happydance: :D
@mdwest told me bartering is part of the culture over there, so I gave it a shot and ended up talking him down ~25% off original listed price!
Did you order from the pipe maker I referred? Or did you find someone else?

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I have some of the Bagpiper's Dream but haven't had it yet. What do you think?
I was a bit distracted today, but here was my original "review" from my first go round with it:

Wasn't sure what to make of this baccy at first. I had some tins sitting around for a while, but when it showed up on a buddy's "Tobacco Wish List" on BOTL it gave me an excuse to crack one open. Was kind of put off at first by the tin note, very flowery/fragrant, and probably never would have bought it if I were smelling that in bulk jars at some B&M. But, ever since packing up that sample, I've found myself anxious to try it. Almost craving it! (maybe because it was so different?) After opening and portioning off in to a jar, I think it had a bit of time to breath and the tin note now seems deeper. More complex. Less "in your face." Hard to describe I guess. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with this very unique (to me) tobacco.