What's new

My beard sucks

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Mines not bad if I stick with it I always end up shaving after a month regretting it re growing it and shaving it off again lol.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Mines not bad but my facial hair is incredibly thick and looks dirty in that in-between phase before its long enough.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have absolutely no problem. Have to shave every other day if i want to look clean. Everyday if the dirty face bothers me (it doesn't)...

When I'm clean shaven I'll shave again right before going out at night if it's w/ the wife to be clean looking.

I keep my partial goat (no stache) and have been letting it grow since xmas...shave the face every 3-4 days since I'm not traveling for work. Whenever the neck starts itching to bad. :)

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I normally have a semi dirty upper lip with my goat, but I will never let it grow to a full on dick broom unless its for no-shave and we are raising money.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I always have a 5 o'clock shadow or a little darker. All my gfs in the past and my current all love it plus I look much better. So I'm never clean shaven but always well groomed

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
sorry, I too have an awesome beard (see below). I can grow a good one in 2-3 weeks.
Now for those that go thru razors quickly and since those things are not cheap, I would go back to the old style safety razor and the double sided blades. You can get a good stainless steel Merkur razor on Amazon for $30-40 and blades are pennies per blade. I also prefer using shaving soap, cup and a brush.

a_Beard.PNG

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 tips here:

1) Don't touch your beard for at least 2 months, try for 3 months. That is the trick. Trust me on this. Not all, but MOST guys have spotty bald areas. If the rest grows normally, leave it totally alone for at the least 2 months and those spots WILL fill in. Also, if you are going for a big beard, one of the other reasons that you should not, can not, so much as touch it for 2 months, is because you will have little wild hairs that shoot off in different directions.

The natural inclination is to clip these few hairs, that is where you will fail to grow your big beard. You must accept the fact that your beard, your face, yourself, will look bad for a few months, you won't be as clean cut as you would like, but those few hairs that shoot off in another direction, not only do those few hairs here and there really add up over time if you clip them every day, but they also eventually lay back down properly as they grow longer.

The whole trick is can you make it for 2 months without ever touching, trimming anything no matter if its "just 2 hairs this morning" because like I said, you clip just a few every morning, that really adds up.

2) Don't be afraid to dye your beard. There is nothing wrong with Just For Men. If you use shampoo, if you clip your toenails, you groom yourself, touching up your beard to keep it groomed and looking bad ass is the same thing. My beard is medium to dark brown...except for my mustache which is blonde. As long as you pick the right color, it looks natural and just a lot cleaner, don't be ashamed to show some extra care and love to your beard, its super easy. You brush the stuff into your beard before you shower, let it sit for 5-8 minutes, then jump in the shower and wash it out. It will last for about a week and is very affordable. You get multiple uses out of 1 box.

Right now I just have a 5 o clock shadow but I often have a handlebar mustache and/or a really big full beard, when I do, I dye the few spots that don't match once a week on the weekends, takes 5 minutes.

Just my 2 cents. You can take that advice or not but all I'm saying is my beard and handlebar mustache are pretty awesome and I have no shame whatsoever using Just For Men, it's not like your using NAIR or Summers Eve.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
2 tips here:

1) Don't touch your beard for at least 2 months, try for 3 months. That is the trick. Trust me on this. Not all, but MOST guys have spotty bald areas. If the rest grows normally, leave it totally alone for at the least 2 months and those spots WILL fill in. Also, if you are going for a big beard, one of the other reasons that you should not, can not, so much as touch it for 2 months, is because you will have little wild hairs that shoot off in different directions.

The natural inclination is to clip these few hairs, that is where you will fail to grow your big beard. You must accept the fact that your beard, your face, yourself, will look bad for a few months, you won't be as clean cut as you would like, but those few hairs that shoot off in another direction, not only do those few hairs here and there really add up over time if you clip them every day, but they also eventually lay back down properly as they grow longer.

The whole trick is can you make it for 2 months without ever touching, trimming anything no matter if its "just 2 hairs this morning" because like I said, you clip just a few every morning, that really adds up.

2) Don't be afraid to dye your beard. There is nothing wrong with Just For Men. If you use shampoo, if you clip your toenails, you groom yourself, touching up your beard to keep it groomed and looking bad ass is the same thing. My beard is medium to dark brown...except for my mustache which is blonde. As long as you pick the right color, it looks natural and just a lot cleaner, don't be ashamed to show some extra care and love to your beard, its super easy. You brush the stuff into your beard before you shower, let it sit for 5-8 minutes, then jump in the shower and wash it out. It will last for about a week and is very affordable. You get multiple uses out of 1 box.

Right now I just have a 5 o clock shadow but I often have a handlebar mustache and/or a really big full beard, when I do, I dye the few spots that don't match once a week on the weekends, takes 5 minutes.

Just my 2 cents. You can take that advice or not but all I'm saying is my beard and handlebar mustache are pretty awesome and I have no shame whatsoever using Just For Men, it's not like your using NAIR or Summers Eve.
Solid input