What's new

My beard sucks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am in the 2 month period right now and I am struggling...
Everyone is different but my suggestion was 2 months minimum. I would say keep going another month. If you don't have a full on man beard by then, and you have never trimmed it once the whole time, then you may be s.o.l. on a full on dirty pirate hooker beard.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I'm Korean. I shave once a week, on Sunday mornings. By Saturday, I look a little unkempt, but still passable.

It's kinda nice.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Trust me you baby faces are lucky! I can grow a full man beard in about 3-weeks and it sucks, really more so now that its gotten very gray. I go through razor blades about every 3-days.
Ditto this...I didn't start shaving until I was like 20 and when I grew my first beard at 30 it looked like crap..wouldn't fill in and was really thin like baby hair and then when I hit 40 it was like Wolfman Jack. I can grow a mustache in a week and a goatee in less than 2 weeks..full beard in 3 weeks but I got a beard trimmer because it grows so fast and I have to thin it out every 4 days on the lowest setting. Be glad some of you can go a week before having to shave and the reason I grew my beard is because I hate shaving.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I'm Korean. I shave once a week, on Sunday mornings. By Saturday, I look a little unkempt, but still passable.

It's kinda nice.
I'm assuming South Korean? Did you ever live there?
Reasonable assumption :) I was born just outside of Seoul, but I was adopted as a baby. So I don't speak Korean or remember anything about Korea. I do get yelled at by lots of old Korean ladies at work for not ever learning the language though!

In college, my roommates were all caucasian kids, but they grew up as missionary kids in Taiwan, so the running joke was that I was the only white kid in the house.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

It's kinda nice.
I'm assuming South Korean? Did you ever live there?
Reasonable assumption :) I was born just outside of Seoul, but I was adopted as a baby. So I don't speak Korean or remember anything about Korea. I do get yelled at by lots of old Korean ladies at work for not ever learning the language though!

In college, my roommates were all caucasian kids, but they grew up as missionary kids in Taiwan, so the running joke was that I was the only white kid in the house.
Ah okay, I am always fascinated to see what it is like growing up there, to have those kind of neighbors.

Glad to hear you enjoyed a safe distance, ha.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dunno.. when I think of manly beards, they aren't the large ones that drape off your chin. But that's just me. A little shorter than mikes would be perfect to me, though I don't do mustaches.