What's new

New Cigar Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only seen the online version... I look forward to a printer version on hand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I skimmed your online first issue, and you are right that this mag is different from the others.

When I read Cigar Afficionado, I get the impression that much of the magazine isn't really about cigars. It's about wealthy,famous, good looking people smoking cigars. The idea seems to be to sell the reader a certain self-image: "Oh, if I smoke cigars, that makes me a sophisticated person." (Frankly, I think that's what Playboy and Cosmopolitan are about too. Playboy isn't really about naked women; it's about the sophisticated "lady's man" that the reader can imagine himself to be if he shells out the money to buy the magazine. Likewise with the 'Cosmo girl' for female readers.)

Your magazine ,as you say, has articles that are a lot more useful and interesting to the cigar smoker than articles in many other mags. Congratulations on a well-conceived project and a job well done!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great magazine Stephen! I had the pleasure of reading through at my B&M recently and I will agree with your claim, this is really a "cigar magazine" and not a "lifestyle magazine". I read everything cover to cover! (While enjoying a My Father) I am new to BOTL and excited about joining. I tried to order a subscription but did not see where I could enter the code for the discount? Any help! Keep up the great work and look forward to the mag!!!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Don't hold your breath. You may not see another issue. As a matter of fact, that guy still owes me over a grand.
I thought his "magazine" sucked and was filled with useless biased info to begin with so in that sense it's no loss. Did you pay him for advertizing or did he buy boxes from you and run off? Either way what a shitheel.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Don't hold your breath. You may not see another issue. As a matter of fact, that guy still owes me over a grand.
I thought his "magazine" sucked and was filled with useless biased info to begin with so in that sense it's no loss. Did you pay him for advertizing or did he buy boxes from you and run off? Either way what a shitheel.
A grand?! Um...that seems like a pretty big deal :boxing:

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
He did a group buy for Tat T110s and only paid me for a little more than half. Gave me a credit card number that didn't go through. Saw him this year at IPCPR and cornered him in the Drew Estate booth. He promised to send a check but never did.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
He did a group buy for Tat T110s and only paid me for a little more than half. Gave me a credit card number that didn't go through. Saw him this year at IPCPR and cornered him in the Drew Estate booth. He promised to send a check but never did.
Wow, that's shitty... and all the bragging he did for organizing that group buy for people. That was 2 years ago!?! Sorry Marvin.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Any progress with this???:dunno:

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
They had a problem with the printer, trying to get a double issue together now as well has finding a new printer for the magazine. All subscriptions will be extended a extra cycle.
So what's up with the magazine Frankie?

~~JH

Status
Not open for further replies.