What's new

New Cigar Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I never got the magazine either. I think it is time to call our credit card companies and dispute the charges. Also, be sure to file BBB complaints.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was just wondering about this the other day. I am calling American Express to dispute the charge. Buncha crap.
Just called visa to try and contest it...too late since it is past 120 days!:cursing:

F'n scrub that guy. Where is the scumbag list so we can report it. Hopefully he wont be able to do any trades with BOTL's around the country!!!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yeah, true man...too late to contest. Wish I had that issue so I could get in touch with them. He was on the snsclub too and I have not seen him there- as far I could tell.

He should man-up and get honest here.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow... I've had some dealings with Steven, on another forum, but he seemed like a real stand up guy. I never had any issues... Kind of a surprise for me to see this.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow... I've had some dealings with Steven, on another forum, but he seemed like a real stand up guy. I never had any issues... Kind of a surprise for me to see this.
I didnt know this prior to subscribing but he stiffed a local bruddah and BOTL member 1k on some T110s. Still never pay to my knowledge!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didnt know this prior to subscribing but he stiff a local bruddah and BOTL member 1k on some T110s. Still never pay to my knowledge!
Yeah, that's unfortunate to hear... Seems like the mag had promise too. Wish he would get on here & do some explaining & make things better with the stiffed BOTL. My relationship with him never went past business, but like I said, he seemed very honest & forthright. Hope the brothers involved get their hard earned $$$ back. :frownno:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
He has not responded to a couple direct inquiries about the status of the magazine. I know that he recently had surgery, but he's still Tweeting a bunch. So, no reason for him to not be able to respond.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I sent him a PM on Facebook. Before we start tearing someone apart, let's give him the chance to explain the situation first. I'm not trying to defend him but I've dealt wiht him in the past and found him to be a stand-up guy. Let's give him the chance to address the concerns.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magazine - for those who don't know we launched the magazine with limited support and basically what we brought in paid for the run. In 2011 our printer walked away with our 14k payment, which actually included some personal funding. It's been a hard road back but we finally have some ad support to get us back on track. I haven't been secretive about this. In fact it's been posted on some forums (sorry, I didn't post it on every forum out there). I've sent and responded to emails (I'm sure I've misse some). Not sure I've been "real active on twitter" I've maybe 10 posts in the past few months.

The mag is coming back in 2012 with all subscriptions basically starting over fresh, if you are willing to give us the second chance. If not, email me your information to stephen@thecigarnetwork.com and I will issue a refund. I don't care about the 120 days. If I can't refund how you paid, we can coordinate another form.

If you are willing to write 2011 off as a loss as we have had to, we appreciate that chance. If not, no hard feelings from our side. We understand.

As for the T110's there is a lot more to that story than people know and I don't intend on saying anything about that here except Marvin and I have figured it out personally and it's being resolved.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for posting Stephen. I'm comfortably enough to write off 2011 and starting over with 2012. We've dealt in the past as you've always been a stand-up guy so I have no problem trusting you.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Magazine - for those who don't know we launched the magazine with limited support and basically what we brought in paid for the run. In 2011 our printer walked away with our 14k payment, which actually included some personal funding. It's been a hard road back but we finally have some ad support to get us back on track. I haven't been secretive about this. In fact it's been posted on some forums (sorry, I didn't post it on every forum out there). I've sent and responded to emails (I'm sure I've missed some). Not sure I've been "real active on twitter" I've maybe 10 posts in the past few months.

The mag is coming back in 2012 with all subscriptions basically starting over fresh, if you are willing to give us the second chance. If not, email me your information to stephen@thecigarnetwork.com and I will issue a refund. I don't care about the 120 days. If I can't refund how you paid, we can coordinate another form.

If you are willing to write 2011 off as a loss as we have had to, we appreciate that chance. If not, no hard feelings from our side. We understand.

As for the T110's there is a lot more to that story than people know and I don't intend on saying anything about that here except Marvin and I have figured it out personally and it's being resolved.
I havent been on BOTL for very long but have been active on other places for a long time even dating back to ASC on usenet. It is not really my nature to rip people. Im also like many cigar lovers in that we tend to be rather kind hearted. I can understand someone who falls on hard luck and needs some time to correct things. The big problem here isnt just about money but even more is your word or lack thereof in this case. After all you did create this thread to promote your magazine in the first place (which prompted me to subscribe) yet you didnt COMMUNICATE to us on BOTL about the problems for practically a full year.

I cant see how hard it would be to jump on your computer and put a post up from time to time about whats happening.

I truly hope your magazine becomes a success. In the end actions speak louder than words.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
As for the T110's there is a lot more to that story than people know and I don't intend on saying anything about that here except Marvin and I have figured it out personally and it's being resolved.[/QUOTE said:
I'm still waiting on you Steven. Still haven't received any form of payment yet. Marvin

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still waiting on you Steven. Still haven't received any form of payment yet. Marvin
Marvin, as I explained in my email to you, the one you responded to, I stated I only got paid once per month (Federal contractor) and would begin payments in February:

"I don't know how much I can begin to send, but I want to begin to send you payments each month starting with my paycheck in February (I only get paid once a month with my new position)."

Payday is February 15th. Today is the 6th. In fact, there have only been 3 business days in the month of February. Not really sure how I'm supposed to transport time, but I haven't done anything against what I sent to you and you replied to.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Sorry. Like I said on SnS, I don't buy the excuses. It's been OVER 2 YEARS since you stiffed Marvin and R.Fields B&M. Marvin manages a B&M and sent you a hot cigar (T110's) in good faith and it's been over 2 years since. You took in money from other BOTLs organizing a group buy... what happened to that money? I sure would be pissed if you took my money for a group buy knowing you never sent it on to Marvin. You have had way too many excuses. I'm all for giving someone 2nd and 3rd chances, but you have gone way past that.

Owing so many people money, in 2011 you have built a new home cigar lounge including new furniture etc, went to IPCPR in Las Vegas (and lied to Marvin's face about sending him a check) and bought a Chrysler 300. That's what you have flaunted on Facebook... what else, who knows?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Like I said on SnS, I don't buy the excuses. It's been OVER 2 YEARS since you stiffed Marvin and R.Fields B&M. Marvin manages a B&M and sent you a hot cigar (T110's) in good faith and it's been over 2 years since. You took in money from other BOTLs organizing a group buy... what happened to that money? I sure would be pissed if you took my money for a group buy knowing you never sent it on to Marvin. You have had way too many excuses. I'm all for giving someone 2nd and 3rd chances, but you have gone way past that.

Owing so many people money, in 2011 you have built a new home cigar lounge including new furniture etc, went to IPCPR in Las Vegas (and lied to Marvin's face about sending him a check) and bought a Chrysler 300. That's what you have flaunted on Facebook... what else, who knows?
I laugh that you say I have made "Excuses". I haven't made any excuses. I've simply answered your questions, especially since you seem to know what happens in my life better than I do.

And once again I'll say to you the same thing. The lounge was done before the T110 thing ever happened. I did not build a lounge in 2011. I built it in 2008-2009, I got it near completion (everything but baseboard before the Super Bowl in Feb. 2009. I haven't had the money to buy the molding since. Yes, that's right. $60 in molding is still missing from the room now 3 years later because I simply didn't have the extra cash to finish it.) As for the furniture, I have no idea what you are talking about. Aside from two $99 chairs my wife got me for Christmas 2 years ago, we haven't bought any new furniture in over 5 years.

As for the car, as I told you, it was used. We are a family of 4, with 2 kids and had one car with 130,000 miles on it. I got a new job that required me to drive 27 miles each way. Do I take the high mile car and leave my wife with nothing to drive? No, I needed a car. We got rid of our other car two years ago when I began working from home.

I didn't actually lie to Marvin. I intended on sending him a check when I got home. This coincided with the printer walking away with $14,000 dollars of personal and business funds. Without a print, I had no way of recouping costs or charging for the ads within it.

You can say what you want Aloha, but you don't know the whole story. Marvin had two of my credit card numbers and regardless of what he tells me, I know for a fact one of them was never run. The card at the time was less than a month old, had a $4000 limit on it and had a balance of less than $100 since I had only ever used it once for Gas. The first card kept locking up due to security (punched in credit card number in Hawaii on the same days I am physically using it in Virginia tends to set off some bells.). The second card never stopped working for me until I closed it when I lost my job. If it stopped working, I'd believe the security bit on that one, but it never once did.

How many credit card numbers would you want floating around when you know for a fact both had enough to cover it.

This is my last comment on the subject. As I said, I have emailed Marvin, and said what I said. He agreed to it and that's that. I have not gone against what I said him I would do. I don't need your approval to begin sending him payments nor do I care for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.