What's new

New fathers

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
One tip I can give to all fathers is this:

Do what you say.

If you treaten to do something if .... and the little one does just it, don't reiterate. Just act on your threat.

Otherwise the little one will know he can get away with it.

I know its not easy. But it gets easier and jr. will learn to respect the words.

Also do what you say when you say something cool such as play after lunch.

Your word is important. Make it be of value.
Excellent advice. TRUTH. Mine are now 27, 24, and 21. The hard work of consistency, and spending a lot of time with them when they are young is rewarded when you have a great adult relationship with good productive citizens.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Learn to change diapers ninja quick. The longer your new born is exposed to air the more likely you are going to get pooped or peed on.

A single diaper change can turn into two or three easily.
This. I'm a big fan of putting the new diaper under the old one before changing it. Clean, slide out the old one, seal up the new one, amd then dispose of the old.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New dad here (she just turned 6 months). She is sick for the first time. Very challenging.
You guys have an good tricks for getting your little ones to take their liquid meds? She has quite the palette--can't sneak anything bye her.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
New dad here (she just turned 6 months). She is sick for the first time. Very challenging.
You guys have an good tricks for getting your little ones to take their liquid meds? She has quite the palette--can't sneak anything bye her.
Hey man. Mine is six month old daughter as well. Did they give you a syringe for her meds? My wife gave out daughter some Tylenol or something that came with a syringe.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
side note: is your little one sleeping through the night?
Not consistently. Some nights she will sleep from 8-5, others she wakes up around 3:30 then periodically after that. She rolls over a lot in the crib and then cries. She used to cry every time, but now she seems to be learning she can sleep on her stomach.

We also give her two tablespoons of oatmeal and a little apple sauce or puréed bananas twice a day, once around 10-11am and again around 6-7PM. That seemed to help her go longer through the night.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Children's sleep schedules vary as much as our own. Some (very few) six month olds will sleep through the night. Most get up a few times a night.

As for not taking her meds. Try different flavors. Hell try them yourself. If you wouldnt take it. She probably wouldnt either. Most are pretty sweet.

And remember the rotation. Tylenol and Ibphrophen. Keeps the kiddos fevers down. Addie would have 103 + fevers a lot when she was young. If we kept up the rotation they never spiked that high.

iphoneken1

OpusXAddict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any BOTL/SOTL request for assistance... I'm here to help. Have an 18 y/o boy in college and 2 daughters 15 & 13. Oh yea ... I'm a pharmacist too. :) Great Idea
If I may reply to your statement about the whiskey and baby in your arms ... Are you drunk or completely functional? Remove the thoughts that you are not being responsible/good dad.
If you are coherent on all accounts... NO STRESS!! You need to be in control at all times... so .. you ARE being a GREAT/BOTL dad. My professional and personal opinion. Cheerz .. Great thread!

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Any BOTL/SOTL request for assistance... I'm here to help. Have an 18 y/o boy in college and 2 daughters 15 & 13. Oh yea ... I'm a pharmacist too. :) Great Idea
If I may reply to your statement about the whiskey and baby in your arms ... Are you drunk or completely functional? Remove the thoughts that you are not being responsible/good dad.
If you are coherent on all accounts... NO STRESS!! You need to be in control at all times... so .. you ARE being a GREAT/BOTL dad. My professional and personal opinion. Cheerz .. Great thread!
Oh completely functional lol. I am a one drink kind of guy.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Love this idea! I'm a first time father to a 7 month old (who has decided to stop sleeping through the night to wake up at 3am every night) and I'm sure I will be asking advice!
Get the kid on your schedule.

For example, say your little guy wakes after 5 hours to eat. Feed him on evening intervals so you don't have to get up at 3am/4am. Wake him at midnight, so that next feeding is at 5am instead of 4 or 3. Trust me, getting yourself out of bed at 12 so that your wife can pickup the 5am is worth it!