What's new

New guy looking for suggestions.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Pippin, looking at the previous posts did Puro Cigar make recommendations based on your thread and tastes? Would either of you mind sharing the list?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pippin, looking at the previous posts did Puro Cigar make recommendations based on your thread and tastes? Would either of you mind sharing the list?
Since @pippin PM'd me, I'll leave it up to him. I just recommended a few, but they were also included in the list posted by @Opforty. Some were also in the post I made about how I would select cigars if I were starting new. And buying single cigars to try out lots of cigars before committing to a box.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The only thing I would add is that it's often you cannot tell from one cigar. I would give them 2 or 3 chances.
Agree on that one. To me, it's not about smoking 1, 2 or 5 of a specific cigar where you're smoking them to make some future buying decision. I always advise new cigar smokers to narrow down the variables. That's why I recommended a Chateau Fuente in Natural, Sungrown, and Maduro (and for price-point reasons too). Three different wrappers on essentially the same cigar: learning to taste the difference. Or any other cigar line that has the same binder and filler and is only switching out a wrapper. RomaCraft does this with Intemperance: same binder and filler but Brazilian Araparaca wrapper on the BA and Ecuadorian-grown Connecticut on the EC. That's only dealing with one factor, but I did go into more detail in my prior post, so I won't bore you with it again.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
The only thing I would add is that it's often you cannot tell from one cigar. I would give them 2 or 3 chances.
I like to think that too... but if I've had one and hated it, I always reach for something else. There's so many cigars out there and so little time, so smoke something you like.

Sent from the past on VeLoRoK's flip phone

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I like to think that too... but if I've had one and hated it, I always reach for something else. There's so many cigars out there and so little time, so smoke something you like.

Sent from the past on VeLoRoK's flip phone
You've never had a smoke you didn't like and then revisited it months/year later and loved it? Or it could be you're not in a mood to smoke or your taste buds are off because of what you ate, you never know.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
You've never had a smoke you didn't like and then revisited it months/year later and loved it? Or it could be you're not in a mood to smoke or your taste buds are off because of what you ate, you never know.
To be fair... not really. I find myself reaching for something else, than grabbing a cigar that let me down before.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
To be fair... not really. I find myself reaching for something else, than grabbing a cigar that let me down before.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Fair enough but you're probably missing out.