What's new

New Opus X

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I REALLY want a box of DC Lanceros!

And these new Opus look great, but those prices are really low for "Forbidden X," so I'm wondering if they are really just regular opus in new sizes and cool bands ...

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Forbidden X cigars, with the 100th anni blend I believe (same as DAGA naturals). Those are the names of the sizes. There's another one called "God's Whisper" which is a lancero.

You should be seeing DC Lanceros in boxes of 13 as well.
Does that stand for double Corona Lancero? If you have a box I would love to see a pic :)

How much is the msrp on this cigar?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ha ha! I'm hoping to swing by tomorrow and if I can't get it done, I'm in town next week so probably Monday or so. Can't wait!!!!

calgon

stevesmoke
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I REALLY want a box of DC Lanceros!

And these new Opus look great, but those prices are really low for "Forbidden X," so I'm wondering if they are really just regular opus in new sizes and cool bands ...[/Q

The prices I quoted may not be msrp. The reason I say that is my friend at my b&m said that the opus rep apparently was chewed out by the owner for some reason unknown. He said the boxes showed up out of the blue. They are an opus retailer but may not be the top 25 as stated before. They might have priced them according to what they paid. Which I presume to be nothing. Now as too the cigars themselves they look different than a regular production opus and smell very different.

Steve

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Interesting. Reg-production Opus X are very well priced at msrp, imvho, and I happily buy them when I see them. I know some complain about the prices, but i think thats more when shops overcharge ... By themselves they well worth the $10-$15. DC Lanceros are around $20 at Casa Fuente I think, but I'd have bought some if they had any when I was there (they did have CF Lanceros for like $22, which I adore!).

Forbidden X are normally REALLY pricey, like $50 or more (at Casa the lancero was $65), which is why I've never bought or smoked one.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Sucks that we've come to the point where a $20 stick is an acceptable price to pay for a single stick. I guess like anything you have a little increase as the years go by but I can remember when I was paying $1.25 for a short story. When Opus first came out, they ran in the 7-10 range, though yes that was a little bit ago. I remember the single stick which was the "wow that much" stick for me was the pardon millennium, I think at $25 per.
That being said, the bands look great. Let us know how they smoke. Anyone know release numbers? This is the first I'm hearing of these and that the DC Lance is going to be avail? I'm all over that!! G1

Yea, it's gotten crazy. It looks like the DC lanceros are going for $15-$20 a stick.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Does that stand for double Corona Lancero? If you have a box I would love to see a pic :)

How much is the msrp on this cigar?

Seriously Ben? You know so much about cigars but can't realize that a double corona lancero would make absolutely no sense, they don't make it in any country Cuba included... Was that a serious question? From my understanding you smoke a lot of Fuente products also, right? This thread is about Fuente products one of them being DC Lancersos, haven't you had one of these? If you haven't you should try one, they're fantastic especially if you like cameroon wrappers. Anyway just google cigar acronyms and you'll find stuff on all the abreviations.

Last edited:

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Seriously Ben? You know so much about cigars but can't realize that a double corona lancero would make absolutely no sense... Was that a serious question? From my understanding you smoke a lot of Fuente products also, right? This thread is about Fuente products one of them being DC Lancersos, haven't you had one of these? DC = Don Carlos... Google cigarnexus and go through the acronyms and I think you might see DC in there all cigar guys know this stuff, geez.
:clap: :thumbsup: :tiphat: :yes: :dance:

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Seriously Ben? You know so much about cigars but can't realize that a double corona lancero would make absolutely no sense, they don't make it in any country Cuba included... Was that a serious question? From my understanding you smoke a lot of Fuente products also, right? This thread is about Fuente products one of them being DC Lancersos, haven't you had one of these? If you haven't you should try one, they're fantastic especially if you like cameroon wrappers. Anyway just google cigar acronyms and you'll find stuff on all the abreviations.
I have heard so many stupid names on ncs so nothing surprises me, even a few ccs have stupid names.
I smoke some Fuentes stuff but don't have the time to try to keep up with cc and ncs. If a brand has a cigar name pussy juice it's not a stretch they would make a double corona lancero :)