What's new

New Opus X

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I have heard so many stupid names on ncs so nothing surprises me, even a few ccs have stupid names.
I smoke some Fuentes stuff but don't have the time to try to keep up with cc and ncs. If a brand has a cigar name pussy juice it's not a stretch they would make a double corona lancero :)

It actually is a stretch that a cigar would be named after 2 sizes that are not the same.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Looks so pretty, but too rich for my blood. :(

Fuente is hit or miss with me anyways. I like Diamond Crown Maximus best, then Sungrowns. Hemingways are good too, never had a Don Carlos. OpusX was good, but didn't live up to the hype.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
RyJ has the short churchill, the wide churchill, and I wouldn't be surprised if down the road they do a petite lancero churchill, so why not a double corona lancero?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Taste is always a subjective thing, and personally I like opus, so looking forward to trying one of these. I don't think $20 is an outrageous price for a cigar when you look how many Padron has out above that mark. You also see several companies offering sticks in the 13-14 range nowadays too. If you are willing to pay that then so be it. I don't think Fuente is out of line with their pricing on these considering it will be a fairly limited run, we see it all too often with cigars nowadays and like the others these will sell. Rather than complain about it, just don't buy I say.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
sampler from tampa humidor with all three special release fuentes.

Opus X "1924" Gods Whisper
Opus X "1957" Heart of the Bull
Limited Edition Don Carlos Lancero
2 8-5-8 Sungrown
Hemingway Work of Art
2 Magnum R by Fuente

89.00 - too bad its coming out the days after christmas because I've already spent a ton of money otherwise I dont think its too bad of a deal.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Haha well that figures. I may have a line on some. I was told to call back tomorrow. They made it seem like this was a big release and not a big deal.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am just not a fan of the Opus X flavor profile. I've smoked plenty of them and wanted to like them but never did. So I won't be actively searching for them myself. I do really like the Anejo's though.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Supposed to be up to 7 different sizes sent to top 25 accts...not everyone got every size...boxes of 13, msrp a bit higher the the numbers in the box for each...Most accts getting only one box of each size they get...They also have a different band, what looks like a "13" in a circle...

Here is what the boxes look like...

Will be smoking one of the Lanceros tom...

Hope that helps!

~brooks

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
not sure if I missed it somewhere, but do we know the sizes/vitolas for these, or just the names? quick google perusing turned up nada.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
All this did was make me want one more. I really want to let one rest and smoke one soon too see the difference. We will see I suppose.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I am smoking the Nacimiento as I type. I believe it is a similar (if not the same size) as the Opus X No. 4. First third was relatively mild with typical Fuente sun grown flavors...spice picks up in the second third and is complimented well by some creaminess and floral tones. A well nuanced cigar so far, and definitely worth a try if you can find it at msrp. I think I paid about $14.00 before taxes.

That said, if I stumble across more of the latest holiday release, I will defiantly be grabbing more DC Lanceros before I buy any more of these.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am smoking the Nacimiento as I type. I believe it is a similar (if not the same size) as the Opus X No. 4. First third was relatively mild with typical Fuente sun grown flavors...spice picks up in the second third and is complimented well by some creaminess and floral tones. A well nuanced cigar so far, and definitely worth a try if you can find it at msrp. I think I paid about $14.00 before taxes.

That said, if I stumble across more of the latest holiday release, I will defiantly be grabbing more DC Lanceros before I buy any more of these.
And to think the no. 4 is my favorite size.