What's new

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton suspended

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
He wasn't so no what if's.
Dude, c'mon man. I understand it's your team and all, and I'd also be really upset if this happened to the Jets, (I'd actually expect the Jets to be caught up in something like this) but what the Saints did is offensive and basically a disgrace.

It's one thing to have non-contract bonuses for INT's or sacks. It's another to give out a bonus for what the Saints called a "cart-off"

You can't be like yeah well what the Saints were doing was extremely dangerous and could have ruined another players life. Not only physically, but financially as well. Then be like yeah well that didn't happen so it's okay.. lol

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
It's hard for any fan to swallow their pride and admit when their team or their favorite player has done something wrong...I get it.

But this is just wrong on SO many levels, that it's hard to lend any credibility to anyone who is attempting to defend it.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
You can't defend it by saying it's not that big of a deal or it's not that bad, everyone is doing it.
My point is that there is no doubt that Goodell has something against Payton. In the history of the league there have been 5 coaches suspended before this.

1978: Coach Chuck Fairbanks (New England)
2007: Coach Wade Wilson (Cowboys)
2010: Coach Travis Jones (Saints)
2010: Sal Alosi (Jets)
2011: Andy Moeller (Ravens)

Let me repeat 5 coaches that I can find....... These suspensions were VERY harsh. See what you want, but they were harsh.

We'll see what happens this year.... we'll make the playoff's again!!

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It's hard for any fan to swallow their pride and admit when their team or their favorite player has done something wrong...I get it.

But this is just wrong on SO many levels, that it's hard to lend any credibility to anyone who is attempting to defend it.
Any good fan should defend his team as I'm doing. The suspensions I think were harsh. Also this kind of betting goes on all the time.... Goodell is just upset that Payton didn't take more action after he was told to. Sean Payton should of taken more action that's for sure.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
The only reason why the suspension was harsh is because Loomis and Payton lied to the NFL and ignored Benson. If they didn't lie about it, it wouldn't have been half as bad.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The Saints got what they deserved, that's all there is to it. I think some of the players that the Saints players injured need to look at how it affected them getting thier bonuses (ie Favre getting his Superbowl bonus with the Vikings) and see if there is a lawsuit there to recoup what an intended injury could have taken away.