What's new

New Skull & Bones!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Awesome! I was just finding out about viaje when the originals came out, so I've never had one. I'm very excited about possibly getting my hands on some of these.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I am guessing someone can clear up if this is true or not...but I heard through the grape vine that all of the LE sticks we be re-occurring on a yearly release as the tobacco is available for harvest. Like I said...this was just in talk with other brothers...so not 100% on the facts...but sounds plausible. Most of the limited sticks were not limited like Pete's stuff to one shop as a run for them...it was more like they just had enough leaf for the boxes that they sold. Please chime in if you know more about this!

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I am guessing someone can clear up if this is true or not...but I heard through the grape vine that all of the LE sticks we be re-occurring on a yearly release as the tobacco is available for harvest. Like I said...this was just in talk with other brothers...so not 100% on the facts...but sounds plausible. Most of the limited sticks were not limited like Pete's stuff to one shop as a run for them...it was more like they just had enough leaf for the boxes that they sold. Please chime in if you know more about this!
Yes, as far as I know this is correct, that the LE sticks will be released around the same time every year, in the same quantities, give or take...

Of Course, the OR Skull and bones was in May of this year...so take that for what it is worth...

My impression (based on no inside info at all mind you) is that Viaje wants to steal some of Pete's thunder with the Face release, and so is re releasing his most talked about (and one of his best) blends with cool glow in the dark bands at almost the same time...

Either way, we all win :)

~brooks

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
ditto brooks...once I saw that it is coming out and it has a glow in the dark band...I thought the same thing! He has some good sticks...but going up against the Monster...tough fight in my eyes...but I am also a Tat whore:)

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
It's only business, people have been competeing with each other in this business and others alike since the beginning, pete is not the new kid on the block. When pete dropped tat, he wa the new kid that everyone went for and has proven he has staying power. I don't care who likes what, just make good cigars and I will be happy. This will be interesting to see how it shapes up...just my two cents..

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My impression (based on no inside info at all mind you) is that Viaje wants to steal some of Pete's thunder with the Face release, and so is re releasing his most talked about (and one of his best) blends with cool glow in the dark bands at almost the same time...

Either way, we all win :)

~brooks

This is exactly what that is IMO as well. Hard to imagine otherwise really.

2 Halloween releases??.....I certainly am not complaining. At least one blend I already know I enjoy....which is making this more difficult on the pocket book.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Can someone please be sure to post a link when these are available for purchase?

My brother and I really want a box.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Subscribing to this thread right... NOW.

I never got a chance to sample the original Skull and Bones. I won't make the same mistake again.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
So then how do you get them?

Do you have to have "connections"?
There are a few select shops that get all the viaje limited releases. There like 6 or 7 that i know of. Don't worry about it, hang around here, continue contributing and soon enough you will have all the answers you are looking for.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
There are a few select shops that get all the viaje limited releases. There like 6 or 7 that i know of. Don't worry about it, hang around here, continue contributing and soon enough you will have all the answers you are looking for.

Cool :)

I can't help feeling like I am such a noob...I mean, I am. But I feel like I must come across as such a moron, asking so many questions!!!

I'm just really enjoying everything about cigars - not just the smoking of them (which is, of course, wonderful) but the whole culture.

It's very cool.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Wow...Kinda lame that it's just a re-issue of the same cigar with a different band and a question mark slapped on the box.

And this coming from a huge Viaje fan, mind you.

Sure it's a chance to get some more Daisy Cutters, but...Really?

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Wow...Kinda lame that it's just a re-issue of the same cigar with a different band and a question mark slapped on the box.

And this coming from a huge Viaje fan, mind you.

Sure it's a chance to get some more Daisy Cutters, but...Really?
It is only lame if you are sitting on a few boxes which I am not. I need some more of these. I only have three left. So I am going to stock up.

By the way, I have choosen the Skull & Bones as my b-day smoke. I am going to smoke all three at the race track with you guys this weekend :)