What's new

new to roasting

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ive got you and throughhisstomach covered robert :)

Updated list...

1) dscl
2) bdrupe
3) zama80
4) thejavaman
5) red raider
6) james
7) throughhisstomach
8) robertsndr68
9)
10)

2 slots left.... reserved for apaniagua, tobacco giant, and/or inspector gadget ... come and grab em boys!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd love to jump in too if there is space. I love coffee, especially with a great cigar.

Also money could be saved on shipping because Robert and I could just get one package.

If not that's cool too, either way I'm excited to see the results.

Cheers

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ill give apaniagua, tobacco giant, and/or inspector gadget a couple of days to see this thread (and send them a PM).. since the remaining 2 slots are currently being held for the first two of them to raise their hand...

If for some reason none of them want the remaining slots.. we'll add in vando and diamondback and close out the list...

really looking forward to this... round 1 was a lot of fun... round 2 should be even better!

(damn you kev! like I really needed another hobby/vice/time consumer! :) )....

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ok.. had a chance to catch up with some folks.. the two slots are still open.. so we're filling them with Vando and diamondback... welcome to "the list" :)

1) dscl
2) bdrupe
3) zama80
4) thejavaman
5) red raider
6) james
7) throughhisstomach
8) robertsndr68
9) The Vando
10) Diamondbacks47

Should have beans back in the US in about 2 1/2 weeks.. and beans on your doorstep 1-2 weeks after that..

This should be fun! (again) :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Guys, after roasting try brewing with an Aeropress. About $28, I've become a big fan. Makes an exceptional long black, but will not make espresso. Enjoy, regardless.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Guys, after roasting try brewing with an Aeropress. About $28, I've become a big fan. Makes an exceptional long black, but will not make espresso. Enjoy, regardless.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Yep, I plan on having one by the time the beans land at my doorstep. Can't let javaman have all the fancy gear :smile:

Rating - 100%
98   0   0

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
[...Can't let javaman have all the fancy gear... :smile:
Call me when you get one of these: :)

http://www.visionsespresso.com/speedster-espresso-machine/
What a deal!! I could save $2660 if I buy it right now from the website. Do they have working mans model? You know, the $50 Krups special?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. I've actually had a shot pulled on one of those & I'll tell ya, it was the best damn shot of espresso that I've EVER had. $11,000 good? Maybe not, but it was a once in a lifetime type of thing. If I had the money, you better believe one of those would be in my house. They were actually priced at $17,000 each when they first came out (includes custom plumbing & installation), so really, $11K is a steal! ;)

Rating - 100%
98   0   0

What a deal!! I could save $2660 if I buy it right now from the website. Do they have working mans model? You know, the $50 Krups special?

Haha. I've actually had a shot pulled on one of those & I'll tell ya, it was the best damn shot of espresso that I've EVER had. $11,000 good? Maybe not, but it was a once in a lifetime type of thing. If I had the money, you better believe one of those would be in my house. They were actually priced at $17,000 each when they first came out (includes custom plumbing & installation), so really, $11K is a steal! ;)
Yeah, but who is doing the stealing? For that price it better be gold plated plumbing. It is an awfully good looking machine though. Mr. Coffee it ain't.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

Yeah, but who is doing the stealing? For that price it better be gold plated plumbing. It is an awfully good looking machine though. Mr. Coffee it ain't.

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. That's really for a commercial establishment pulling hundreds of shots per day. But if you do the math, even if you average, say, 3 shots a day for personal consumption, It'd pay for itself (versus a $4.00/per drink Starbucks concoction) in about 2.5 years. It'd be the last machine you'd ever need to buy too....hey - maybe I should hit my wife up with that logic! :)

Last edited:

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. That's really for a commercial establishment pulling hundreds of shots per day. But if you do the math, even if you average, say, 3 shots a day for personal consumption, It'd pay for itself (versus a $4.00/per drink Starbucks concoction) in about 2.5 years. It'd be the last machine you'd ever need to buy too....hey - maybe I should hit my wife up with that logic! :)

Kevin, don't forget that you also roast beans so you could write this off as a business expense? (while at the same time working in the argument of how much money you save by roasting your own top quality beans)