What's new

New Viaje 45th Anni

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I gotta admit....all these LE's, and new releases everywhere, and I'm not just talking about Viaje, is rather off-putting IMO. I'm sure I am not alone in that regard, as evident from some of the posts in this very thread.

Makes me appreciate more and more how the folks at Drew Estate are running things with the Liga Privada line.
These LE releases are a bit tiring. I'm not just talking about Viaje either!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The somewhat puzzling thing though, and why I wanted to mention "not just viaje"....

is the only place you see these types of comments, are in Viaje threads :dunno:

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I gotta admit....all these LE's, and new releases everywhere, and I'm not just talking about Viaje, is rather off-putting IMO. I'm sure I am not alone in that regard, as evident from some of the posts in this very thread.

Makes me appreciate more and more how the folks at Drew Estate are running things with the Liga Privada line.
Wow, I went on vacation for a week and it seems that I did miss 45 Viaje releases.

I can't keep up anymore.

Kidrock

Smoking 50RG Less W/Farai
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I agree with this. I feel that a cigar company that "cares" about regular/loyal customers would make more cigars available. I refuse to participate in the great “chase". If I have to run around in circles for a box of cigars it really isn't worth my time or money. That to me is when loyalty to regular consumers comes questionable.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey... you don't like the LEs quit buying them... Can't hate the manufacturers (or retailers) for doing what sells.
Although I personally don't disagree with your statement, many people can and do hate manufacturers for "selling out" and doing only what sells. One can make the argument that manufacturers that mainly sell LE's could care less about loyal customers and just want the quick sale. So why should customers care about these manufacturers if they don't care about customers?

Like you said, these manufacturers are doing "what sells"... they are not considering "loyal" customers, they just care about the sale. So why tell someone they can't hate?

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Although I personally don't disagree with your statement, many people can and do hate manufacturers for "selling out" and doing only what sells. One can make the argument that manufacturers that mainly sell LE's could care less about loyal customers and just want the quick sale. So why should customers care about these manufacturers if they don't care about customers?

Like you said, these manufacturers are doing "what sells"... they are not considering "loyal" customers, they just care about the sale. So why tell someone they can't hate?
I agree with your analysis, however for Viaje... this is their strategy...so I guess I see less room for complaints.

This was just the reaction to the recent WLP rush and then the hate.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I agree with your analysis, however for Viaje... this is their strategy...so I guess I see less room for complaints.

This was just the reaction to the recent WLP rush and then the hate.
Exactly... this is Andre's strategy and his website focuses on big pictures of himself, sitting in a throne. It's all about him and not loyal customers. That's just my opinion.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Hey... you don't like the LEs quit buying them... Can't hate the manufacturers (or retailers) for doing what sells.
I can hate anybody I want. My forefathers fought hard so that I can hate all day long. j/k, lol. I don't hate anybody, not even haters :)

Exactly... this is Andre's strategy and his website focuses on big pictures of himself, sitting in a throne. It's all about him and not loyal customers. That's just my opinion.
I have to say I agree. I've been saying it for months, and don't say it all the time because I dont' want to be "that guy," but yea, that mindset and strategy bugs me a lot. That's why I don't buy more than a 5er or so of the releases that turn out to be really good. Honestly, I don't see that marketing strategy lasting long-term. Nothing fad-based does.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
What does it matter how many LEs a company releases, if they are GOOD releases?

At the end of the day, it is just one more choice for us to smoke on the market...and isn't more choices a good thing?

If someone does not like chasing cigars, (although MOST of the LEs are fairly easy to find, if you have a phone), that is great, but I am not sure I understand why all the problems...

More cigars are a good thing, IMHO...

~brooks

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I honestly dont care what the company projects itself as. As long as the cigar is great and price competitive, I am buying. I am sure they each have their own little quirks that can set people off, but in the end, the way they do business isnt that different. :wink:

Rating - 100%
188   0   0
Too many LE debate...

<yawn>

Maybe all these "I'm sick of the chase" type comments should just go into threads like "What grinds my gears", or heck, start a "We hate all the special releases" thread or something. Just think they are not adding anything of value to the threads started about the LEs.

My two cents.

On topic, the exclusivo and its variations have been good in my opinion, same with the holiday. Hopefully I can find some, if nothing else, from a brother here.