What's new

New Viaje 45th Anni

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Wow, nice one Pete! I didn't really know that about tobacco. I know the wine concept very well because I love drinking Sauternes. I was really questioning the method with tobacco though,....so thanks for clarifying that.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Okay I have had enough of this bullshit.....LATE HARVEST...Please....

Picking grapes LATE adds sugar and alcohol levels.

Picking tobacco LATE will make the tobacco darker but bland.....

When tobacco is ready to pick, it's ready and must be picked within a certain time range.....If you leave it on longer than necessary, it will only start to lose strength and flavor.....

I wish Penn and Teller would do a show on Bullshit like this.....

Hey Andre, learn about what you are selling before you start making up bullshit for people to buy into.....
Oh, and BTW, I love the whole wine reference with cigars...Never heard it before.....
LOL...Nice!

Speaking of harvesting, Pete...I'd love to hear your take on JD's method of stalk cutting for his wrapper leaves.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
LOL...Nice!

Speaking of harvesting, Pete...I'd love to hear your take on JD's method of stalk cutting for his wrapper leaves.
Stalk cutting is the real deal...Broadleaf and Mexican is harvested like this...JD is the real deal and wouldn't sling shit......

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Honestly, I think that Andre needs to have a regular production line with some of the same quality that some (and I mean some) of his LE's have.
If not, this whole LE every other week for the sake of simply releasing another LE will get old....Fast.

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Clint hit it spot on. Viaje's regular lines don't stack up against Tatuaje!

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Name: Viaje Tower Cigars 45th Anniversary
Vitola: Box-Pressed Robusto
Size: 5 x 52
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Criollo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
MSRP: $10.50 (Boxes of 20)
Expected Release Date: May
Production Number: 2,000 Cigars (100 Boxes of 20 Cigars)

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Well let's face t....Many cigar makers' regular lines don't match up against Tats, but I even hear that Andre is downsizing his core line (??)

I mean, most will agree that his core line is not really stellar...I just fear that not concentrating on the smokes that the average joe smokes day in and day out while spending a lot of energy on costly LE's is not a good business model.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Name: Viaje Tower Cigars 45th Anniversary
Vitola: Box-Pressed Robusto
Size: 5 x 52
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Criollo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
MSRP: $10.50 (Boxes of 20)
Expected Release Date: May
Production Number: 2,000 Cigars (100 Boxes of 20 Cigars)
Total production will be much higher, but released in intervals.. I also think that the size is slightly larger than a robusto, but I cannot confirm.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Total production will be much higher, but released in intervals.. I also think that the size is slightly larger than a robusto, but I cannot confirm.
Was originally told 5.5" as well, apparently measuring in Sacramento is a bit difficult sometimes. lol.

Pictures (from Lilo, thanks again Steve!) and other random info, here.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Honestly, everyone rips everyone off, everywhere. The auto industry is no different. The electronics market is no different. Regular lines, LE lines, whatever, just produce good cigars. When it comes down to it, these guys are running businesses, and like every business, they exist to make money, plain and simple.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Honestly, everyone rips everyone off, everywhere. The auto industry is no different. The electronics market is no different. Regular lines, LE lines, whatever, just produce good cigars. When it comes down to it, these guys are running businesses, and like every business, they exist to make money, plain and simple.

I don't care about the ripoffs, Well maybe a little. :grin:

I do care about the bullshit lies people tell to sell product.......

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
i thought all the cigar industry guys got along?
No way. Latest rumors are Pete got in an argument with Don Pepin Garcia and they threw down. DPG whopped Pete's ass. :D

:rifleaim: <- Pepin Pete -> :ninja:

We should make a cigar related tabloid. Just make up bullshit stories. Haha.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
The size is indeed a 5 x 52, right on the money. Box pressed and it's very nice looking. Love the anniversary wrapper.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I don't care about the ripoffs, Well maybe a little. :grin:

I do care about the bullshit lies people tell to sell product.......
If anything, you should take the ripoffs as a complement...means you did something right. I can understand why you would get upset, though, since you're passionate about what you do and the industry as a whole. Is it just me, or does it seem like so many things end up being a pissing match? I did this, I have that, look at me! I'm so amazing! Gets old...so why worry about it. Do what you love, forget about the rest.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Wow! Good thread! Bout time it has been said! It is one thing to do something that has been done before. And pretty much everything is cigar industry has been done before. But it is another to do the EXACT same thing as someone else. That is just fd! Just waiting for the viaje monster release called the "Hank"...