What's new

New Years resolution

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Thought I was going to do this last year, but alas it did not happen. Not letting a resolution slide 2 years in a row. Ordered up one of those WLT blends. Seeing as there is a million threads in here, which ones should a newbie start reading first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Glad to see another brother take the plunge!! Seriously read through my first thread. It morphed into way more than I expected and led to our sub forum. Then read through the video thread and watch the videos. Reach out and ask questions, I'm happy to help enable this hobsession in any way I can. Most of all, have fun. If you aren't enjoying it, you're doing it wrong.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rolling your first cigar is a lot like losing your virginity.

There can only be one 'first cigar'. I remember so clearly how nervous I was. Taking the unfamiliar leaf in my trembling fingers and trying my best to be gentle. Twisting and rolling in an unfamiliar way yet some how, some way, reaching a point of excitation as the first bunch of leaves actually began to look and feel like... a cigar. Yes, it had just blossomed into perfection or so it seemed.

After the realization that a 'bunch' had just been achieved I remember lovingly wrapping her up in a beautiful soft blanket of 'Mata fina'.

Letting her rest for a while I proudly sat back with a feeling of great satisfaction down to the deepest depths of my soul and then... struck a match and had a smoke.

Didn't take long before I began thinking about the next one and how I could 'do it' even better. :love:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good question. I believe Adventures in Homerolling will give a great background on this. Both of the Blending threads will give recipes that have worked for people. And the Videos thread will be a valuable resource for all sorts of mechanics on rolling.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thought I was going to do this last year, but alas it did not happen. Not letting a resolution slide 2 years in a row. Ordered up one of those WLT blends. Seeing as there is a million threads in here, which ones should a newbie start reading first

Well the big deal is you are keeping your resolution. Plus you will be making you own custom blended Cigars.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Rolling your first cigar is a lot like losing your virginity.

There can only be one 'first cigar'. I remember so clearly how nervous I was. Taking the unfamiliar leaf in my trembling fingers and trying my best to be gentle. Twisting and rolling in an unfamiliar way yet some how, some way, reaching a point of excitation as the first bunch of leaves actually began to look and feel like... a cigar. Yes, it had just blossomed into perfection or so it seemed.

After the realization that a 'bunch' had just been achieved I remember lovingly wrapping her up in a beautiful soft blanket of 'Mata fina'.

Letting her rest for a while I proudly sat back with a feeling of great satisfaction down to the deepest depths of my soul and then... struck a match and had a smoke.

Didn't take long before I began thinking about the next one and how I could 'do it' even better. :love:
Well... If this doesn't make a brotha want to roll, nothing will! Lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And after you have rolled, wrapped and smoked about a dozen, look through the videos again. I was personally amazed at how much subtlety there was that I didn't pick up as a preroll virgin. You look again and say" cool, I do that little move nobody mentioned, and this is why"

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Thanks for the welcome boys, 2300+ posts in that thread geez. Looks like I got a lot of reading to do.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
@Opforty, what do you need? Got an ulu to cut with? Board to cut on? Glue? What else?
I see you're in Arizona. How close are you to @BrewinHooligan?
I've got a pizza cutter, will have to look up what an ulu is. I'm sure I've got a spare cutting board somewhere. Hopefully the blend kit comes with a little glue.

I'm about 2 hours from Gilbert tho
Leaf comes Saturday, I'm stoked. Time to do some reading...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've got a pizza cutter, will have to look up what an ulu is. I'm sure I've got a spare cutting board somewhere. Hopefully the blend kit comes with a little glue.

I started with a pizza cutter. It will serve your purpose for now. I took a dremel to mine to sharpen the edge a bit. Sounds like you are due for a road trip...

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
+

I wanted an oversized cutting board but didn't want to spend $30 for one so bought a maple plank, cut it in thirds, and glued it together. Bam, homemade oversized cutting board for my homerolling!
Just another idea for you, have fun with this,
Jim

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pizza cutter is just fine. Like Jim says, a cutting board plank is fine. I use a granite tile from Floor and Decor for $9. A good pair of scissors is nice also.

The point being, you don't really need to spend money on the basic tools. You probably have them already. The tobacco is where money should be spent.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Pizza cutter is just fine. Like Jim says, a cutting board plank is fine. I use a granite tile from Floor and Decor for $9. A good pair of scissors is nice also.

The point being, you don't really need to spend money on the basic tools. You probably have them already. The tobacco is where money should be spent.
That's what I figured. Let me roll a bunch and see if I'm any good before shelling out the $$$ for the fancy toys.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+

I wanted an oversized cutting board but didn't want to spend $30 for one so bought a maple plank, cut it in thirds, and glued it together. Bam, homemade oversized cutting board for my homerolling!
Just another idea for you, have fun with this,
Jim
I bought a plastic cutting board from walmart. 12"x18", $10.00 It won't impress the guys that buy 300 year old rolling boards from Nicaragua, but I'm not buyinbg equipment to impress anyone :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a plastic cutting board from walmart. 12"x18", $10.00 It won't impress the guys that buy 300 year old rolling boards from Nicaragua, but I'm not buyinbg equipment to impress anyone :)
Think about it... all you really need to roll a cigar is a knife/blade. Scissors would be a nice addition but not a necessity.