What's new

Newbie rolling

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm smoking one of my first rolls. It makes a difference to let em rest a while. Lots of the harsh edge goes away. It's a month or more old.

It's dang good.

You get to where you worry how your rolling outpaces your smoking. Then you get to where you're glad of it. Then you get a 120 quart coolidor.

if ROTT is 50 percentile, then
  • six weeks is 80 percentile
  • six months is 95 percentile
  • a year is 99

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You get to where you worry how your rolling outpaces your smoking. Then you get to where you're glad of it. Then you get a 120 quart coolidor.

if ROTT is 50 percentile, then
  • six weeks is 80 percentile
  • six months is 95 percentile
  • a year is 99
Do you store them with some sort of humidification?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a tested digital wireless hygrometer with three remotes. One of these remotes lives in this big fish cooler. That chest is so airtight that it virtually never needs adjustment. Any damp imported with new sticks seems to be absorbed by the box I stash new sticks in... so it all balances out. Besides, it's not something which I open frequently. I grab out fistfuls and stick them in the ready box, & I'm good for weeks. I stick a new box into stash and I'm good for a month.

Coolidors are the coolest.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
If you need a humidity agent, buy unscented silica gel kitty litter from Walmart. Stick in a Tupperware that you put some holes in the lid of. Spritz with distilled water. You will rarely have to ever add more distilled water, especially if you are adding fresh sticks. I always let my sticks dry box at least a week before they go into the cooler and even then they are adding some humidity to the cooler. You don't have to start out with a 120qt cooler, you can get a 48qt cooler for $15

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got two coolers now. One with Cubans, the other stuffed with NC cigars

Gotta say, these dang home made cigars have me spoiled.

I've got many now in dry box storage and many in 65% storage.

I need to start labeling them.
I'm jotting down blends I like so I can replicate them but I'm still not labeling my stash.
It's kinda nice to surprise myself by grabbing a "whatever" cigar from a drybox or the 65 storage.

Man I really like home made cigars. Nothing is better.