What's new

Newbie rolling

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
trashed many within the first half inch, but most are really good.

I microwave them and blow the steam out a couple of times, then put them in the freezer or refrigerator to let them absorb dry air. So far it works pretty well.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Home rolls give a ton of rich flavorful smoke. And I can control the power. A rich nice smoke doesn't have to be loaded with nicotine, which I really am appreciating.

Not to say I don't like a pepper nic bomb now and again.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Evolution

When I started the adventure of making my own cigars I couldn't roll worth a shit

Once I got somewhat proficient at making a cigar I tossed leaf into a roll while thinking "this will be good" so I didn't keep track of the blend. My thinking at the time was that leaf was cheap compared to purchased cigars add if I didn't like the stick I'd simply toss it and grab another. Then I realized leaf really isn't cheap and it's not something to be wasted. I also like the surprise of what the next cigar would be. To my surprise I liked many rolls but I have no clue what leaf I put in the cigar. Now I have many that are terrific but no clue as to the blend.

So now I keep track of what leaf I'm using so if it's a good blend I can make more of them. The gar I'm now smoking is one such terrific cigar but I haven't a clue as to the blend.

Moral of the rant, always keep track of your blends and label each and every cigar. After all you've (me) invested money and time in these cigars. No sense in wasting that knowledge and time so it can be duplicated later

Education is expensive, too bad I'm a slow learner. :)

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Here is a picture of the sticks from today and last night

The one on the right I know the blend. The center one is fantastic with floral complex flavors. The one far left was terrible. I have no clue as to the blend of the center one I'm now enjoying. I haven't a clue of the one on the left I ashed last night. It's such a waste of time and leaf.